Since i updated my OS to the most recent Verizon approved OS my Storm drains ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Battery Drain Issue

Advertisement

Since i updated my OS to the most recent Verizon approved OS my Storm drains the battery soooo quickly. I went to verizon and they said I had to do some things to help condiditon the battery: drain it down and then recharge three times in a row. They had me turn off the phone at night after it charged also. So after none of that worked (including waving a dead chicken over it) I went back to Verizon and they gave me a new battery. Even after doing the initial charges on the new battery the way Verizon suggested I am down to 1/4 of a battery by noon even when I try to limit use.
    Has anyone else experianced any issues with battery life or battery drain with the newest Verizon OS??
    Thanks

cangel65 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had that Battery Drain

I had experienced that same battery drain issue after doing my OS upgrade but I couldn't figure out why. It never occurred to me that the two were related. what I ended up realizing was that at about the same time I also upgraded my YouMail application which in the newer version did a pull every 10 minutes (instead of a push from the servers) and by noon I was down to about 30% of my battery and when I finally figured out what was happening I changed the setting and that solved the problem completely.

so I guess in short it turned out to be one of the applications and not the upgrade itself so I guess I'm suggesting that you may also want to check any applications that are set up to do a full and see if anything changed their because it seems like you are suddenly experiencing a significant battery drain. That being said, even after I fixed the battery drain problem I will say that the battery life with the new OS 5.0 is less than with the older OS versions.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Thanks for the thoughts Cangel. I have not added any third party apps but your thoughts made me check and see if anything was pulling information that uses battery, so far I have not found anything.
    I guess we are the only two that have had or still have this issue??
    Thanks again for your response, it is appreciated.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm not familiar with VZW batteries, if the differ from the batteries in GSM phones, but charging, letting drain, re-charging is outdated. These new batteries do not require that. You charge them full and go on. If you don't have any apps open and running, I'm betting its your OS.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pixelsht no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ccf6eb
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachmeeks View Post
    Since i updated my OS to the most recent Verizon approved OS my Storm drains the battery soooo quickly. I went to verizon and they said I had to do some things to help condiditon the battery: drain it down and then recharge three times in a row. They had me turn off the phone at night after it charged also. So after none of that worked (including waving a dead chicken over it) I went back to Verizon and they gave me a new battery. Even after doing the initial charges on the new battery the way Verizon suggested I am down to 1/4 of a battery by noon even when I try to limit use.
    Has anyone else experianced any issues with battery life or battery drain with the newest Verizon OS??
    Thanks
    do you use instant messengers, apps, or other services that update themselves periodically? they tend to use alot of battery from constant data usage especially in low signal areas where it needs more juice to send/receive data

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    pixelsht, I dont seem to have any programs running and updating. Very bummed.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachmeeks View Post
    pixelsht, I dont seem to have any programs running and updating. Very bummed.

Maybe you should try loading a different OS onto your Storm. That drain is HUGE!

I use my Storm probably above avg. using Gtalk, UberTwitter, and Googlemaps running all day and it still lasts 24hhrs. Not fantastic but acceptable.

What is the OS that you loaded 4.7.xxx and what did you have on it prior to upgrading?

Regards
    cHAd

** when you press and hold your menu key down a list of icons is displayed of all programs running in the background. Just double check that there really is only the 5 BB/RIM appropriate icons there. If you find more than the 5 hit us back with what else is displayed.
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

naoyaru no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe you can check the bluetooth and disable if it is not in use.

pixelsht no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ccf6eb
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    Maybe you should try loading a different OS onto your Storm. That drain is HUGE!

I use my Storm probably above avg. using Gtalk, UberTwitter, and Googlemaps running all day and it still lasts 24hhrs. Not fantastic but acceptable.

What is the OS that you loaded 4.7.xxx and what did you have on it prior to upgrading?

Regards
    cHAd

** when you press and hold your menu key down a list of icons is displayed of all programs running in the background. Just double check that there really is only the 5 BB/RIM appropriate icons there. If you find more than the 5 hit us back with what else is displayed.
    I agree. Back up your contacts first and wipe that storm!

Older, more stable OS probably your answer
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~