Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LOL...yeah, its insane...I know a few people here who bought initial Bold's for over $900....and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

LOL...yeah, its insane...I know a few people here who bought initial Bold's for over $900....and sorry to say RIM shut down their PIN numbers so they were nothing but overpriced texting machines! LOL!...don't know if they got it fixed or not...but there is something to be said for waiting and paying a cheaper price and getting a fully functional phone.

And the bottom line is---there will always be a "new" phone coming out "next year" or "soon"....find what you like, get it and be happy. If you have the drive to keep switching carriers, then do it...LOL...I have to laugh when people are saying "this phone will kill that phone" or "that phones gonna be smashed by this amazing device that is so hush hush I can't only tell you know I know it exists on theplanet mars:...."...ha ha ha...cracks me up.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    AT&T is NOT going to lose any business to Verizon. First off, GSM carriers will get a "version" of the Storm. Also, the GSM lineup for '09 is absolutely incredible. I can think of 3 GSM devices that are going to blow the doors off the Storm! And theres a touchscreen for GSM that is going to put the Storm to absolute shame. Also, there are 9530's unlocked on AT&T that use Google Maps with no problem.
    Thanks Kara for clearing all that up.

I dont think i've ever been happier to read a post before in my life. I just hope one of those devices goes to ATT so i can just renew my contract and pay half the price of the phone AND i hope one of them is a full screen touch screen...ive heard of the javelin style touchscreen that has the keyboard and only the screen is touchscreen...i would enjoy a whole touchscreen alot better...especially after seeing how amaizing it is to type on the storm.

Again, Thanks Kara...just when im on the brink of switching to Verizon I read one of ure posts and realize how hard i would kick myself if i switched lol

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    LOL...yeah, its insane...I know a few people here who bought initial Bold's for over $900....and sorry to say RIM shut down their PIN numbers so they were nothing but overpriced texting machines! LOL!...don't know if they got it fixed or not...but there is something to be said for waiting and paying a cheaper price and getting a fully functional phone.

And the bottom line is---there will always be a "new" phone coming out "next year" or "soon"....find what you like, get it and be happy. If you have the drive to keep switching carriers, then do it...LOL...I have to laugh when people are saying "this phone will kill that phone" or "that phones gonna be smashed by this amazing device that is so hush hush I can't only tell you know I know it exists on theplanet mars:...."...ha ha ha...cracks me up.
    lol while thats true and i tend to switch phones every year or two im sure the storm could hold me off for 2 years lol

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    NP, glad I could help. But yes the RIM '09 GSM lineup is pretty darn good. You could get a Storm from Verizon and unlock it and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile. I can't post links to other sites, but there are pics of Verizon Storm working on AT&T and T-Mobile with no problems. Browser and email works fine. Also if you can find anyone on Ebay UK to post to the states, 9500's are starting at $400.
    But yes if you can wait there will be some great devices coming in 2009 for GSM carriers.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post
    Two things:
    1) It was established that Verizon gets the Storm exclusively as long as it meets it's sales targets. Now, given the iPhone like frenzy we've seen in the last few days, I have no doubt that they have and will continue to do so. Even my 53 year old mother wants one. Consequently, the Storm will most likely not be going to any US Domestic carrier. AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. are all S.O.L.

2) The iPhone was first offered to Verizon. However, Verizon wasn't interested in putting up with Apple's nonsense and huge take of the profits. AT&T was. Hence, the AT&T iPhone.
    Awesome thanks for clearing that up too.

Hopefully what Kara says happens really really really soon lol. i just cant wait to get a new toy

PIN/ID
    ask
    NP, glad I could help. But yes the RIM '09 GSM lineup is pretty darn good. You could get a Storm from Verizon and unlock it and use it on AT&T or T-Mobile. I can't post links to other sites, but there are pics of Verizon Storm working on AT&T and T-Mobile with no problems. Browser and email works fine. Also if you can find anyone on Ebay UK to post to the states, 9500's are starting at $400.
    But yes if you can wait there will be some great devices coming in 2009 for GSM carriers.
    WHAT?!?!?! $400?!

Any nice person in the UK wanna hook me up

Concept Guest
    You're not going to be able to unlock a vzw storm for use on an american GSM carrier. Its going to be just like the 8830 WE in which its programed into the phone to reject GSM signals unless there are no CDMA signal. Its for using the phone in Europe where there are no CDMA carriers.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    A whole lotta speculations going on here, and as for Verision's Reps, they're usually the first line of defense or rather Level One, there is a lot they really don't know. There are folks here in this community that knows a whole lot more. From what I understand from realiable sources, that will remain nameless is that ATT will get a verion of the Storm within the first quarter (fingers crossed) of 09. A GSM model of the Storm was passed by the FCC over a month ago.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    You're not going to be able to unlock a vzw storm for use on an american GSM carrier. Its going to be just like the 8830 WE in which its programed into the phone to reject GSM signals unless there are no CDMA signal. Its for using the phone in Europe where there are no CDMA carriers.
    Yes you can unlock the Storm from Verizon. It's different from the 8830. Heres a pic, I can post more if I need to.

PIN/ID
    ask
    im so jealous!!!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes you can unlock the Storm from Verizon. It's different from the 8830. Heres a pic, I can post more if I need to.

Good work.

I know the 9500 was GSM and you can use and unlock version with any carrier. my questions was the 9530 the same; you proved that. I will buy one to check it out. If it doesn't tickle me fancy, I will just sell it.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

This is the last pic I'll post, but heres a Verizon 9530 on T-Mobile.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    No doubting you, but both the phones look exactly the same...and any clever hacker can change the provider name...I should know, I was my own provider when it came to my iPhone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    No doubting you, but both the phones look exactly the same...and any clever hacker can change the provider name...I should know, I was my own provider when it came to my iPhone.
    I would hope they look the same. They are both 9530's from Verizon. I don't know why you think I'd lie about something like this. There are plenty of other threads on other forums about unlocked Storms. Furthermore, the Storm has quadband GSM so theres no reason it can't be unlocked and worked.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I was hoping for the Storm on ATT but the uncertainty is just making fall back on the Javelin. But the hasn't been any new news about that device with regard to ATT.

That's all I want for Christmas.

And New Years...

MLK's birthday...lol

And Valentines...

And my birthday...

You get the point.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast