One issue I'm having is with the backlight staying on while a call is in ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bjoneill no está en línea Stack level 1

Backlight issue during calls

Advertisement

One issue I'm having is with the backlight staying on while a call is in progress. I would think this would have a major impact on battery life. On my old iPhone the backlight would go off shortly after a call was received or placed, then if the accelerometer would detect a change in position it would light back up. Is there anyway to make the Storm like this or at least have it turn off during talk time?

Thanks

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4
    Look at your backlight timer, mine is set for 30 seconds and it does not stay on unless i accidentally hit a button or something to that degree. Now that i have a BT headseat, I don't have the issue oƒ hitting a button by mistake.

bjoneill no está en línea Stack level 1
    My timer is set to 20 sec.

HELP!

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoneill View Post
    My timer is set to 20 sec.

HELP!
    I have the same issue as well. If you hold the side of your face on the surface of the phone while talking (like me), that will cause the backlight to stay on. If it's going to be a long conversation, just take your face away from the phone for whatever your backlight timeout is (i.e. 10 sec) and it should go out. As long as you don't "click" the screen while you're talking, the backlight should stay off. If someone sees you holding your face away from your phone, they'll think you're weird. Just let 'em know you're saving your battery.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4
    Try to hold it at a slight angle. That also helps with the backlighting

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    I have the same issue as well. If you hold the side of your face on the surface of the phone while talking (like me), that will cause the backlight to stay on. If it's going to be a long conversation, just take your face away from the phone for whatever your backlight timeout is (i.e. 10 sec) and it should go out. As long as you don't "click" the screen while you're talking, the backlight should stay off. If someone sees you holding your face away from your phone, they'll think you're weird. Just let 'em know you're saving your battery.
    Or say nothing and let them assume whatever they want.... In my case, their assumption probably wouldn't be too wrong... ;-)
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan