Unlocking the verizon Storm will enable you to use it on a gsm carrier ATT/T-mo ... BlackBerry Storm forum

skol312000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question ATT and the Storm

Advertisement

Unlocking the verizon Storm will enable you to use it on a gsm carrier ATT/T-mo but will work only on their (edge) network....NOT 3 G....am i right or wrong?

violen73114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask M.E.
    From what's shown on their product specs, It won't work on domestic 3G. The 9500 Storm of course will since that one's a GSM device.

skol312000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I looked on Vodafones site to buy the 9500, but it didn't show a price meaning full retail...it has plans...

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    From what i understand, and i have no "inside information" or anything like that, but i think that vodafone is only going to sell the storm on contract for a while. i seem to remember reading that somewhere. now obviously i have no idea for how long or even if thats true, just something that i thought i remembered reading.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    *thunder

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    someone correct me if Im wrong, but I thought VZW was CDMA and TMO and AT&T were GSM. an unlocked Verizon phone will not work on TMO or AT&T at all, right?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    someone correct me if Im wrong, but I thought VZW was CDMA and TMO and AT&T were GSM. an unlocked Verizon phone will not work on TMO or AT&T at all, right?
    the storm is cdma/gsm allowing it to work in other countries. the question is,will an unlocked storm be able to work on the us's gsm.some say yes,some say no. some say it will only work on other contries gsm,not the us's.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Someone buy one n try :P be our guinie pig~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    the storm is cdma/gsm allowing it to work in other countries. the question is,will an unlocked storm be able to work on the us's gsm.some say yes,some say no. some say it will only work on other contries gsm,not the us's.
    thanks cat

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    The Storm is a hybrid device. It's the first of it's kind to have so many different radios incorporated into one device. It has CDMA support(Rev A). Quad band GSM(EDGE) which has support for all GSM networks in the world. And has HSPA(3G) but only 2100MHz.
    Now originally the Storm was going to have a triband HSPA radio, and if it did, it would work on AT&T's 3G. But they decided against it. Right now, eval units have triband HSPA, and are able to work on AT&T/Rogers 3G networks, but it didn't make much sense to go to market with this radio. Verizon/Vodafone would lose money.
    Technically, the 9530 "should" be able to work in the states and it will if you can get the 850/1900MHz NA GSM bands unlocked. If not, go with the 9500.

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Great info...don't know how to unlock the bands so I guess ill wait till the 9500 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NickB2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where can we buy a 9500 unlocked from vodafone!?