so i got an unlocked storm, updated it , deleted vendor file, added ATT service ... BlackBerry Storm forum

blkkouki no está en línea Stack level 1

at&t + storm = anger

Advertisement

so i got an unlocked storm, updated it , deleted vendor file, added ATT service books but i can keep my media net working, i dont use a bb data plan just the media net like i did on my curve. i have tried several os version .148, .151, and acouple of hybrids all of these work for about 5-10 mins then i no longer have media net. ive changed the apn, this is making me very angry any advice please

thanks
    chris

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    not sure that the media net is going to work on the storm. you have loaded blackberry browser service books, not media net.

steve2039 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    not sure that the media net is going to work on the storm. you have loaded blackberry browser service books, not media net.

the probably 50 of these i have loaded service books for, all have BB data package on them...tried without bb package with media net and the result was still the uppercase "EDGE" but no data...

im almost 100% positive you still have to use the BB plan...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ya, i have a 9530 and while the method to get it to work properly worked every time, i still had signal issues (with bb data plan) on ATT -- too many times i looked down to see edge and not EDGE

PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    from what ive seen, its the same way with tmobile

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have a T-mobile Storm and have been lucky to not have experienced any of the edge, EDGE problems.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    That's werid, I have a bell storm, and well a bell account, but also have a rogers sim in it, its unlocked and I never drop data that I have seen, I only use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week, and not for long periods of time. 1XEV is way faster.....
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

akitchens no está en línea Stack level 1
    What I think is funny. When I see people get upset that a feature the storm has wont work for another carrier. The phone is made for Verizon Wireless, not AT@T. So it makes the storm look bad. If you really want the Storm, got to Verizon and get service there. People complain and complain that a certain feature dosent work, I WONDER WHY.

PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Quote Originally Posted by akitchens View Post
    What I think is funny. When I see people get upset that a feature the storm has wont work for another carrier. The phone is made for Verizon Wireless, not AT@T. So it makes the storm look bad. If you really want the Storm, got to Verizon and get service there. People complain and complain that a certain feature dosent work, I WONDER WHY.

Very true...However...the last storm I "rebranded" you could say had AT&T Navigator on it and the Media Net app as well, so its just a matter of making the correct service books be sent to the device as far as actually making specific caarrier things work

PAPACHULO no está en línea Stack level 1
    Steve2039

You are right. There is no argument there.
    However, I just bought an unlocked Storm since I use AT&T.
    Why? 'Cause I do not like Verizon. Their sound quality is not as good
    as AT&T's. I have used my co-workers Verizon phones and a demo phone
    from the Verizon store and I was not impressed at all. That is just my opinion.
    I'm sure anyone reading this would love to bash my head with a baseball bat!!!

Anyway, so far, for what I use the phone for, since I'm too cheap to get the data
    plan, I'm happy, really happy with the Storm. There is nothing bad I can say about
    the phone. If some features do not work, well too bad. Since I own other phones such as
    the HTC Fuze and the HTC 8525, I'm not worried about it. Besides, it gives me a chance to switch
    Phones for that day.

Yes, I'm a "Phone Phreak "