Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I have to admit, I'm now torn between this device and the Javelin. Not a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

I have to admit, I'm now torn between this device and the Javelin. Not a big touchscreen fan, but this is a pretty sexy device. I'll have to get my hands on one to be sure, but the specs are very impressive!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey but if u hear anymore pin me please it would be greatly appreciated u and anyone else that has info on it hitting att 24344F5A I just don't want to buy one from another carrier if this is the case

ALkaTraZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247fc316
    Quote Originally Posted by yettiman2208 View Post
    this has been discussed numerous times.

at&t will not be getting the storm unless verizon does not meet its sales quota stated in its contract with RIM. simple as that. (presumably there is a time limit on this exclusivity, but there were rumors a while back that it was a permanent exclusivity based on sales quota....... ehhh, who knows.)

also, and as cnet so clearly pointed out, the storm does not have the local gsm bands. buying it from verizon will be useless to you locally.
    I really doubt that...at&t is one of the networks dat is first to get blackberrys obviously they had a decision to make wen RIM decided to come out wit 4 amazing new blackberrys I'm pretty sure dat if they would have had da opportunity they would have taken all 4 bt then again da storm would be an iPhone killer and would really hav ppl thinkin a lot bout droppin it...y wud u kill ur number one seller,risk losin exclusivity (specially after wat apple has done to ensure at&t's iPhone exclusivity) I agree with the theory that they might b waitin to see the response the storm gets specially if its an iPhone killer then they most likely would get it because y not have da phone that is killin ur networks ace phone under ur own network dat way they also have an excuse to give apple if dey question the storm's addition which really isn't deir business cuz its only right since at&t has to have one of the biggest bb clientel in the u.s. I think its only a matter of time b4 we get all the new berrys

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I have to admit, I'm now torn between this device and the Javelin. Not a big touchscreen fan, but this is a pretty sexy device. I'll have to get my hands on one to be sure, but the specs are very impressive!
    Same her bud, im not a fan of touchscreens. But if it was a touchscreen and a full QWERTY keyboard, o yes i would be in loveeeeeee
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your right att is not getting the storm there getting the thunder if any which is the same phone except for gsm carriers I.E. Rogers and so forth and when I spoke to the vzw rep he said it should work fine,only time will tell so please before u hop on here and just go to the last post read them thank you not trying to be rude just saying

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    im too lazy to go through all the posts sorry. so will AT&T even get it? its supposed to rival the Iphone - which is why it came out on cdma vs gsm. I really cant see ATT getting it any time soon. Tmobile before AT&T (after Tmo gets 3G everywhere)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Who will have the better network for the phone? If verizon's network is faster n better than att...why not switch! But I don't understand who's service is better for the storm. Any ideas?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    Who will have the better network for the phone
    The fact is, as we all know, there is a lot of false advertising on TV & other Media. Since Verizon didn't have any hot phones to advertise, they came up with the commercial & the slogan "It's The Network". That was a brilliant marketing strategy to convince the public they have the best network _not_true_ It's a good network, but so is everyone elses. So, who has the "Best Network" the carrier that _YOU_ try out to determine how good the coverage is in you area. This is why all carriers have a trial period for you to get a phone & use it in your area to see how the coverage is. You will find that it could be T-Mobile, or AT&T, or Sprint, or Verizon. But believe me, you've got to make that determination. If you don't & switch carriers just for a certain phone, you could be very sorry you weren't more careful. Lastly, do _not_ trust the "coverage maps" they show you in the store or on their web site. Those are too general & once again designed to prove "they" are the best. So do yourself a favor, if you are currently getting good coverage don't switch. Or if you must, before you drop your carrier test the other ones out.

sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    ask
    So how do I try out each network without having to switch?

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~As far as the storm vs bold, I can't see myself being nearly as productive with the softkey/oncreen suretype keyboard....just not ergonomic for my speed!

RIM should have included a slide out full keyboard like the other Verizon "fancy/hip" phones.

Not for me---i'm [BOLD]

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    So how do I try out each network without having to switch?
    Generally one of the best is AT&T, that's why Apple chose them for the iPhone. The Storm went to Verizon because they paid RIM the most money. Where do you live & who are you using now?
    Then to answer your question, you just walk into the carriers store & tell them you want to try their service before you make a commitment. They are trained to convince you by shoving a coverage map in front of you saying "see we have you covered". That's a lie. Only you will determine that by trying the phone. They sell you the phone & plan, they give you 15 days (ask, they all vary) to try it out. If you don't like it you bring it back within that period & they only charge you for the air time you used. Do not sign up for a data plan, just try the phone for voice. If you like it you add the data plan and terminate with your old carrier. Beware they all charge ETF fee (early termination fee) of about $175 so you must take that into consideration. I use AT&T because not only is the coverage good in town but everywhere I travel. Even in the UK. Also they always have the most phones & BlackBerrys to chose from. Even if they do not get the first exclusive they end up getting the model I want a few months later. Also as an example they are selling the Curve 8310 for $79.99 now. T-Mobile is $149.00 & others are higher. So I stick with AT&T. I have every current BlackBerry model & bought them all @ AT&T @ a discount. Each one for under $125 by simply negotiating.
    sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    ask
    Sounds like sumthing to try out..I like att too but I was all excited to get the new storm. But if it does come for att, from wut I hear...it should be better. Except that I hurd that they will offer live tv on verizon sum time next year with the storm (very cool) n I don't think att has that capability. Idk. I'm a morning commuter, and I need as much entertainment as possible. In my area, 973 jersey, verizon works very good, I have friends with it..but I'll check that out for myself. If att does offer the live tv next year then I'm more than sure I'll stick around for another 2 years with them.

*Crossing my fingers!*

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Generally one of the best is AT&T, that's why Apple chose them for the iPhone. The Storm went to Verizon because they paid RIM the most money. Where do you live & who are you using now?
    Then to answer your question, you just walk into the carriers store & tell them you want to try their service before you make a commitment. They are trained to convince you by shoving a coverage map in front of you saying "see we have you covered". That's a lie. Only you will determine that by trying the phone. They sell you the phone & plan, they give you 15 days (ask, they all vary) to try it out. If you don't like it you bring it back within that period & they only charge you for the air time you used. Do not sign up for a data plan, just try the phone for voice. If you like it you add the data plan and terminate with your old carrier. Beware they all charge ETF fee (early termination fee) of about $175 so you must take that into consideration. I use AT&T because not only is the coverage good in town but everywhere I travel. Even in the UK. Also they always have the most phones & BlackBerrys to chose from. Even if they do not get the first exclusive they end up getting the model I want a few months later. Also as an example they are selling the Curve 8310 for $79.99 now. T-Mobile is $149.00 & others are higher. So I stick with AT&T. I have every current BlackBerry model & bought them all @ AT&T @ a discount. Each one for under $125 by simply negotiating.
    sent via BlackBerry
    You are misinformed. I worked for at&t and still use it so dont think I am bashing. But Apple approached Verizon first for the iPhone, and Verizon didnt feel like getting raped by Apples contract policy.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    You are misinformed..
    I am _not_ misinformed.
    If my post was read correctly one would notice that I did not mention Verizon and the iPhone. Verizon and the iPhone situation is irrelevant. I was completely aware of the sequence of events in Apples choice of carriers and that Verizon passed on the iPhone. I quote my original post "Generally one of the best is AT&T, that's why Apple chose them for the iPhone." This is a true statement as after Verizon was unwilling to pay Apple for the iPhone exclusive Apple chose AT&T as they are at the top with Verizon as the top two largest carriers in the US. One will also notice I did _not say_ that AT&T was the very best carrier. This is because there is no such thing as the "best carrier", which is why I suggested that each user determine through trial which carrier is best in their area. Verizon's claim that their network is the best is a very misleading claim and untrue. I know this from first hand experience.

Cheers
    Last edited by archer6; 10-15-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    True Archer (not arguing those points, they're valid) - also, the split (Apple/Verizon) was somewhat mutual, once Apple realized what was required to make the iPhone a global device, they weren't nearly so keen once they realized they also had to stick a GSM radio into it (and work out the logic for IIF and non-IIF roaming). Of course, we're talking about the 1st rev iPhone...the 3G iPhone is just building on the success they enjoyed with the first release.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast