Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by blacktouch007 well its only a matter of time until verizon loses its ... BlackBerry Storm forum

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    well its only a matter of time until verizon loses its exclusive rights, then att will probably pick up the gsm verision and why not they are one of the leaders in selling blackberrys. why wouldnt they do it?
    I dunno about that I know alot of verizon customers that have treos that have always wanted a blackberry but since it wasnt touch screen they got a treo and they cannot wait for the storm. Just switch to the network that is better and has the fewest dropped calls. Verizon Wireless THE NETWORK.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    It's my understanding that AT&T is getting the Storm in the first quarter of 2009 (unofficial of course)

ramsicle no está en línea Stack level 2
    im jealous......... i acutally would have liked it if rogers got it also...... or atleast got it first like they did the bold... but then im being greeeeedyyy :P!!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what the hell okay so which can I bring to att and archer were are u hearing this cause I'll wait if att is getting it vzw is not worth the switch they block to many things its like the iphone if u catch my drift u have to buy all the products it is ridicules so which can I unlock for att

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am only relaying information given to me from a solid source. He is a field tester with AT&T. He was informed that AT&T is "slated" to receive a "version" of the Storm Q1-Q2 09. Also, another source who got a hands on demo with the Storm was informed by the RIM rep that GSM versions of the Storm are currently in the works. I know the 9500 is all GSM, but I'm talking about all GSM with NA UMTS and Wifi. Which the addition of either one would nullify any exclusivity agreement because it would be a completely different device.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    He was informed that AT&T is "slated" to receive a "version" of the Storm Q1-Q2 09. GSM versions of the Storm are currently in the works. I'm talking about all GSM with NA UMTS and Wifi. Which the addition of either one would nullify any exclusivity agreement because it would be a completely different device.
    This falls in line (and confirms) with what my source just advised me of. Great news for those who want a GSM version.
    sent via BlackBerry

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This falls in line (and confirms) with what my source just advised me of. Great news for those who want a GSM version.
    sent via BlackBerry
    Sure is. Thanks Archer. Glad that this confirms what I've been told as well.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So wut would be the difference of the verizon version and the att GSM version.is GSM better? Is verizon's network better? N I really don't catch your drift (Drdoom23), wut does verizon block that att would not? (if sum answers to these question cannot be answered thru this thread, plz PM or pin me)

Just curious. ..my contract is up with att n verizon is about to release the storm...cutting it close so I'm checking out my options

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    ..my contract is up with att n verizon is about to release the storm...cutting it close so I'm checking out my options
    Some, not all, of Verizon phones have features disabled by Verizon. Other carriers do not do that as much as Verizon. No worries on the Storm. I suggest that people choose the carrier with the best signal in their area as 1st priority. Without good coverage the phone is worthless. Next, choose a phone based on how you are going to use it & what features you need, then what features you want. The Storm will be very expensive, so ask yourself is it worth it? In general sooner or later AT&T ends up with the best models. Verizon gets the Storm first, but I would not be surprised to see other carriers get it later especially if it's a big seller.
    sent via BlackBerry

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Some, not all, of Verizon phones have features disabled by Verizon. Other carriers do not do that as much as Verizon. No worries on the Storm. I suggest that people choose the carrier with the best signal in their area as 1st priority. Without good coverage the phone is worthless. Next, choose a phone based on how you are going to use it & what features you need, then what features you want. The Storm will be very expensive, so ask yourself is it worth it? In general sooner or later AT&T ends up with the best models. Verizon gets the Storm first, but I would not be surprised to see other carriers get it later especially if it's a big seller.
    sent via BlackBerry
    I agree with you.

A lot of stacker's change carriers because of a device not knowing how good the carrier coverage is. Verizon will have no issues with the release of the storm because they are number 1 in coverage.

And yes; the other carriers will have the storm. The question every stacker needs to ask is when there carrier will be getting it. I herd rumors that T-Mobile will be getting it in the summer of next year; but that is just a rumor. Nextel; after all this just got the curve. So if everyone wait, they will not have to change carriers. If you can't wait, change carriers and don't complain about the service.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Verizon will have no issues with the release of the storm because they are number 1 in coverage.
    This is _not_ true about any carrier. The _Best_ carrier is the one that has the best coverage in your area. It's different for everyone. Believe me I have used them all for at least a year before judging. I understand that Verizons entire advertising is about "THE NETWORK" however that's because prior to the Storm they didn't have any hot phones. Plus they are expensive. I'm not bashing them or being critical, it is what it is. If you look at market share, they are at the top with AT&T. Those two lead the market. Verizon is a very good carrier, but to claim they are the best everywhere is simply untrue. I live in an area where all the carriers are strong. And yet I cannot use Verizon because they have a dead spot near my place, so it doesn't work in my house. That is not unusual for any carrier. They all have dead spots depending on tower location & other factors.
    So once again I remind everyone who is thinking about switching carriers to try them out first, that's why they all have trial periods for the customers. Also remember that you cannot trust "coverage maps" as they are too general & designed to convince you their coverage is the best. Trust me, I've made all the mistakes....
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey archer how reliable is ur source at att? I want this phone and will never switch cause I get great coverage here in denver

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Very true, I live in the KC, MO area and Verizon sucks A55. My wife has Verizon and her calls get dropped all the time even in major city areas, like I-70 through downtown KC and on the way to ST.Louis, dropped calls all the time. I have AT&T and have yet to have a single dropped call unless I head out to BFE Kansas somewhere like on the way to Colorado, then there are a few spots in the mountains where I will lose coverage for a few minutes. In my opinion, Verizon sucks in the Kansas City, Missouri area and they have the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. Thats why Im cancelling my wife's plan with Verizon and getting her on with AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey archer how reliable is ur source at att? I want this phone and will never switch cause I get great coverage here in denver
    My sources are very credible, not perfect....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nice lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast