Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

will it come out on AT&T this year or at least early next year....cuz i ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

At&t Storm?!?!?!

Advertisement

will it come out on AT&T this year or at least early next year....cuz i like AT&T n i dont really feel like going to verizon just for the phone. but that phone is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! best phone i have EVER SEEN!!!!

does anyone have any insights?

plz share

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    The news I've heard is RIM has 3 mew models. AT&T demnaded a 3G Blackberry so that's why the Bold is going to be AT&T only. The Storm and Flipberry, and Javelin are also going to be the newest models. Its just a matter of business.

The Pearl is very popular amongst T-Mobile user, so they got the PEarl Flipper thing.

The Storm was bought by Verizon. Will we see it for the GSM networks? I hope so, because I agree, very sick! But to me I think Verizon wanted a way to compete with the iPhone, so they probably paid mad money to get it.

The Javelin, I 've only seen pictures. It looks like a smaller version of the Bold, and i haven't heard anything about which network that will be on.

But the three models have been strategically bought by these companies, and it's my belief Verizon wanted an iPhone killer. They might actually dominate the market because of it. If AT&T was smart, they'd try to pitch trying to get it for themselves.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think it will be this year.. Never loose hope.

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    next year maybe

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm getting it no matter what! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ravinggoat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243c1d3f
    Isn't Vodaphone getting a GSM version of the Storm? That and it is a World Phone, meaning it has a GSM radio in it anyway.

I think ATT will likely see how the Storm does before they look to pick it up. Especially since they wouldn't want a phone that could possibly cannibalize iPhone sales.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    @Ravinggoat, great statement

Everyone has to understand business comes before consumer want. AT&T is making a killing off the Iphone, why hurt there sales with an Iphone killer like the storm and cause a situation where they could lose exclusitivity of the apple phone. I think if AT&T gets the storm they won't make a big fuss about it and they have to be waiting to see what happens when it's available for verizon consumers.

BBerry07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Steve Jobs will say no.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can buy a 9500 from Vodafone, unlock it and it will work on AT&T. It will also work on AT&T's 3G Network.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Is it worth unlocking it n using it on att?

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    I don't think so b/c if you think about it. If you unlock the phone the warranty is null and void. If you have an issue with it your out the money b/c then the network that you are on (who wont be carrying the phone) will not have either the knowledge to fix it, will refuse to fix it b/c you bought an illegal version of the phone or will not be able to replace b/c they dont carry it. And with it being a brand new phone it could have a bug in it so that it doesnt work right and then they could offer to fix it for free but you cant b/c you dont have a warranty. If you want it bad enough you'll suck it up and join THE NETWORK.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    My honest opinion is yes. I will be unlocking the 9500 either from Vodafone or Rogers and using it on AT&T.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~vzw's storm is a world phone with a sim card slot I've already spoke with them I refuse to leave att so it is unlockable to other carriers except vzw does not just sell phones with out plans so if u have any friends or fam on vzw just have them order u one my brother is doing it for me so I can hacve both the bold and storm

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    I don't think cDMA devices can be used on GSM networks. It would require a sun card

PIN/ID
    ask
    i feel the same way most of you do..if i unlock it, then its a constant game of russian roulette. if it breaks or bricks on me...then im basically F'd and im sure this phone will run for more than 400 buks. i dont wanna loose out on that kind of money just so that i could save a couple of minutes. also, seeing how they are both from different networks, the connection and possibly some functions might not work properly. just like LAXMETAL23 said...im gonna have to suck it up n switch to THE NETWORK

downside: no more rollover minutes (which really sux!)
    upside: if i ever come across a creepy town in the middle of nowhere, at least i wont have to fear the DEAD ZONE.lol

i only wish i knew when it was coming out..the wait is killing me!

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast