i love my blackberry and i have had ALL of them. I never got the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

helfy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319e83e4

As a Blackberry addict, will i like the storm? Predictions....

Advertisement

i love my blackberry and i have had ALL of them. I never got the iphone, and now the STorm looks like a "game changer". BUT WILL I BE ABLE TO GIVE UP THE KEYBOARD?
    Of course i am buying it on Day 1 ( i heard early November) but no key board?
    Any thoughts?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm thinking it will be REALLY sweet!!
    I can't wait to see it.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i am new to the blackberry world(about 5 or 6 months) and previously used a pc touchscreen phone.there were a lot of things i liked about the touchscreen and i'm sure the bb will be 10 times better.it had a slide out keyboard and i rarely used it.i had a 3rd party app that made the touch screen a full size keyboard. i probably used it about half the time and the other half used my stylus on the smaller keyboard that came on wm5. so i'm sure that i will be happy with the storm.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I won't even look at it. I am OC when it comes to finger prints on anything. I cringe after setting my touchscreen GPS in the car. I set it and out comes the screen cleaner and cloth.

I would go absolutely around the bend if I had to touch the screen of my BB on purpose.

Nope.... No touch screen for me!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I won't even look at it. I am OC when it comes to finger prints on anything. I cringe after setting my touchscreen GPS in the car. I set it and out comes the screen cleaner and cloth.

I would go absolutely around the bend if I had to touch the screen of my BB on purpose.

Nope.... No touch screen for me!!
    hey ...you could wear those white cotton gloves!

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    Again, I am gonna lament on how much I want this phone but cannot see myself switching to Verizon to get it. When the I-Phone came out, I really thought I would get it but I was NOT going to AT&T! So now they are doing the same with the Storm! But oh well..should I get the chance to get an unlocked Storm, I will. But it really looks like a great phone. I see this surpassing the iphone in many ways. Plus its a Blackberry!! How could you go wrong??
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    Again, I am gonna lament on how much I want this phone but cannot see myself switching to Verizon to get it. When the I-Phone came out, I really thought I would get it but I was NOT going to AT&T! So now they are doing the same with the Storm! But oh well..should I get the chance to get an unlocked Storm, I will. But it really looks like a great phone. I see this surpassing the iphone in many ways. Plus its a Blackberry!! How could you go wrong??
    i wouldn't change carriers for a phone.the storm will be old news in a year or so and your carrier might get the next big thing.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post

I totally agree. I can't bring myself to switch carriers AGAIN, to get this phone. it looks freakin' SWEET, but I had to switch to get the pearl (my intro to the BB world)
    can't do it again.
    no matter how cool it is.
    I'm hoping that it might work on the sprint network so maybe in a year I can get it and use it and love it!!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I'm not a touch screen advocate, but hey...if it says BlackBerry on it, I will be checking it out. AND if nothing else it may help me set a personal record for being the 1st BlackBerry I DON'T buy......

sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol well if its a world phone then yes u can unlock it and go to att with it I'm hearing it is a world phone,I'm still waiting for the bold which I'm getting,and well I like the storm/thunder,so I will be getting both! Here's the catch though vzw said the only way to get it with out a contract is if u know someone with a vzw account lol.punks they are yes punks they are

mpshah no está en línea Stack level 2
    in my case, i was an iphone user before i got addicted. and even then I was not really comfortable with the touch screen. And one of the most important aspects of the BB is the KEYBOARD. So I'm not really sure how the STORM is going to fare on these lines.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpshah View Post
    in my case, i was an iphone user before i got addicted. and even then I was not really comfortable with the touch screen. And one of the most important aspects of the BB is the KEYBOARD. So I'm not really sure how the STORM is going to fare on these lines.
    i think this phone is taking on a whole new customer base.most true "biniss" users will not switch to this device but it will be wildly popular with the general public.....and me

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    It should be interesting. I haven't had a touch screen only device since my Palm m100 or the Tungsten something something. And with those badboys I didn't input large amounts of data so a keyboard would've been an afterthought. I did get pretty good with the Graffiti input system, again its not the same thing as texting now.

There is no question I'll be getting this on day one. I expect to be safe guarded by a few things though. One is the fact that Verizon hasn't let too many duds slip through. With the major exceptions like the Chocolate, Razor, Palm phones (haha). And two since I have been a BlackBerry user I have never had a bad phone. Seriously RIM makes damn near a perfect phone. So part of me expects this to be the best phone they have ever produced.

Those are some big shoes to fill. And of course they'll finally be directly competing with that other phone people keep talking about. All those previous comparisons were just stupid. Further proven by the widening gap in market share.

Anyhoo it should be amazing and I can't wait.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~