I'm having major problems with the phone side of my Storm. I have virtually NO ... BlackBerry Storm forum

JETMack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304F43BD

As a Phone the Storm falls short!

Advertisement

I'm having major problems with the phone side of my Storm. I have virtually NO signal at home, and my old cheapo (cell phone only) worked fine from the house! Is this a problem that anyone else is having? Verizon told me that BB are tools of business first and cell phones second! I love the Storm ! Even more when I have a good signal!
    Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can't speak for the Storm, but as far as BlackBerrys go, they have gotten better signal for me than any of my old Nokia or Motorola phones ever did. Excellent call quality always. Was your previous phone through vzw as well? Maybe you have a defective unit......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if it is still under the 30 day deal I'd trade it for another one...
    you may as well have the best working storm that you can get your hands on
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    My Storm works just as good as better as all my previous phones, regular cell phones or Blackberries. Not just saying this because I love my storm either.
    -Josh

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wow, my Storm gets even better reception at my house than my Curve did. I would only get 2 bars at most because I live just enough south of town that the towers don't go that far out. With my Storm, I get 3-5 bars.

PIN/ID
    304F43BD
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I can't speak for the Storm, but as far as BlackBerrys go, they have gotten better signal for me than any of my old Nokia or Motorola phones ever did. Excellent call quality always. Was your previous phone through vzw as well? Maybe you have a defective unit......
    Yes my other phones were through Verizon! And they were all Motorola's. I'm going to the Verizon store tommorow and have them check it out again! It's a pain in the butt to be sitting here with little or NO signal!

PIN/ID
    304F43BD
    Quote Originally Posted by JETMack View Post
    I'm having major problems with the phone side of my Storm. I have virtually NO signal at home, and my old cheapo (cell phone only) worked fine from the house! Is this a problem that anyone else is having? Verizon told me that BB are tools of business first and cell phones second! I love the Storm ! Even more when I have a good signal!
    Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
    I just went into manage conections and checked mobile network options. Data services were ON. Mobile network is Verizon. Network selection mode was AUTOMATIC.
    What should NETWORK TECNOLOGY be set on???????

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by JETMack View Post
    I just went into manage conections and checked mobile network options. Data services were ON. Mobile network is Verizon. Network selection mode was AUTOMATIC.
    What should NETWORK TECNOLOGY be set on???????
    1XEV if you're in the US. it really won't affect your signal but will save your battery a bit.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    304F43BD
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    1XEV if you're in the US. it really won't affect your signal but will save your battery a bit.
    Thank you Catstide!

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    If they didn't replace your phone, and/or you still have the same problem, as of tomorrow you will have the below overpriced option from Verizon. I would suggest raising holy hell about the price. Some Sprint users of Airave, a similar or same Samsung device @ $100.00, have received them free...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/18/v...ll-on-january/
    Last edited by galavanter; 01-24-2009 at 05:12 AM.

PIN/ID
    304F43BD
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    If they didn't replace your phone, and/or you still have the same problem, as of tomorrow you will have the below overpriced option from Verizon. I would suggest raising holy hell about the price. Some Sprint users of Airave, a similar or same Samsung device @ $100.00, have received them free...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/18/v...ll-on-january/
    I contacted VZ and they are going to make a tower check in the next couple of days!
    Thanks for the info.