I was just wondering if anyone knows why the application memory fluctuates so much? It ... BlackBerry Storm forum

z06mike no está en línea Stack level 2

Application memory fluctuation??

Advertisement

I was just wondering if anyone knows why the application memory fluctuates so much? It goes from 25 to less than 10mb and back and forth. Is there any way to stop this? Is it possible to add more app memory? Is this something I should be worried about?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    It looks like you're using the storm. Do you use Viigo? Viigo, Weather Eye, Twitter and some other apps constantly update themselves if you set them to. For instance, my Viigo updates itself every 1 hour, my Twitter every minute and Weather Eye, every 4 hours. By updating itself, it fluctuates your memory. (That's what happens on mine.)

I don't think it is something that you should be worried about, but you could always clear your browser cache and clean your memory by going to Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning > BB Button > Clean Now.

neo_descarte no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ah! Maybe this is why my 8130's mem has been dropping. I am gonna yet to turn it off, and update manually. I have all minus twitter.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by neo_descarte View Post
    Ah! Maybe this is why my 8130's mem has been dropping. I am gonna yet to turn it off, and update manually. I have all minus twitter.
    Lol. From what I know, you can clear your cache on FB and Viigo. Haven't seen the option to do so with Weather Eye or Twitter yet. Clear your internet cache. You can also clear your event log by holding down the left ALT +LGLG. Then hit the bb button, clear log and verify deletion.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Also delete all old mesages and if you have a lot of third party themes delete the ones you. Don't use and also apps that u don't use, ie the bb help and all those languages If you have those loaded to your bb, and a batt pull can help a lot, personally I use quik pull and have it to make a resset daily
    Also you can use maxmem to delete unnecesary things