This error came up last night and it has made the phone unusable. It gives ... BlackBerry Storm forum

MLJordan86 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Application Error 523. Needing some help

Advertisement

This error came up last night and it has made the phone unusable. It gives me a reset option, but when I choose it, it reboots to the error message again. I cannot connect to my PC and am unable to wipe the phone of applications. The only thing I have put on this phone since I have had it is my music from my Ipod. Any suggestions?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    You'll get an error 523 if a program loaded on your blackberry is not compatible with your current theme.

Figure which app is creating this problem and go from there.

Or delete the theme.

iLord is DEAD!

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have a backup then you can reload your software or perform a reset to factory. Both will totally wipe your BlackBerry.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    MLJordan, it looks to me as if the other posters aren't quite understanding what you have, that you cannot get it to boot past the error (so you cannot delete anything) and it will not connect to the PC (so you cannot restore).

I do NOT know how to use it, but there is a way to get your BlackBerry to connect to the PC and wipe it to factory settings. I have seen people talk about JLCommander, I believe. You might try doing a search on that, or maybe a PM to one of the mods with an out of this world stack level and tons of posts. They at least might be able to point you in the right direction on the wipe I'm talking about. Anyway, I hope this helps.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Read this thread and follow the steps exactly. It should get your Berry back up. http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...ed_2_a-100854/

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks pdxmatts, I knew there was a way, I've just had no experience with it. Glad the bump helped. ;-)