Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thx 4 the tip golden! I've been waiting to see how this worked. p.s.-VZ Nav ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Advertisement

Thx 4 the tip golden! I've been waiting to see how this worked.

p.s.-VZ Nav had "Downgrade" .....oops might be the beta thing. Heee-heeeeeee.
    Last edited by Jbee; 01-17-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: ps added

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well technically the App Center is useless besides the fact that it lets you know when an update is available since as cat said, all the apps are available OTA anyways.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Well technically the App Center is useless besides the fact that it lets you know when an update is available since as cat said, all the apps are available OTA anyways.

It's useful to me. I have a 28 month old and very little time to get on the pc to check updates, etc. (Mr. Mom. ) I have been hoping this would help when I am chasin' my princess around, etc., but still want electronic "me" time.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    And there's the answer. It requires service books. So its a no go for me since tmo doesn't even have app center service books.
    Man In Black(berry)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah you cannot have it on an unlocked Storm if your carrier doesnt carry said device. Sorry Safiy i thought you knew that already as i had asked that question a couple weeks ago and got denied :P thought u saw that.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Ah I must have missed it. I really didn't think app center would need/had service books. Makes sense now considering its sends info about updates for vzw apps. Not to mention vzw probably won't be notifying me about updates anyway~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-17-2009 at 11:09 PM.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I've never tried this but will one carriers service books work with another carriers service? Not BIS or anything but IM service books or say app center?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    technically it would but im not sure if the App Center would still get updated etc...

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    True. Thanks for the info ran.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Remember the App Center is designed to be a forum. A place where developers will be able to post applications yes you can get them OTA from other places but blackberry true goal was to make it a One-Stop Shop.... thats all.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I received another notification update, but it was for Vcast/Rhapsody (blah). I was so excited to see the icon, but it's nothing I really want!

sidneysum no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Ah I must have missed it. I really didn't think app center would need/had service books. Makes sense now considering its sends info about updates for vzw apps. Not to mention vzw probably won't be notifying me about updates anyway~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think you are right. Service books only use to tesing the validation of email accounts in your storm.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    My phone updated yesterday and I noticed that the BB app world is now available in the application center to dl instead of having to go through browser to do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123