Ok I'm sure most of you stackers have encountered this issue at least one time ... BlackBerry Storm forum

EthanCole Guest

Thumbs down App Error 523 Reset Need feedback!

Advertisement

Ok I'm sure most of you stackers have encountered this issue at least one time that you KNOW of. This error comes up on a white screen for a split second and then AutoBoots your storm. This happened to me while using BBMaps and then the blank screen came up like how it would normally do... BUT WAIT! This time my storm got stuck onto that screen and I did the following:

• pulled the battery. 30 sec and repeated for another 30 sec
    • re-installed the OS on my pc and opened up DM
    when I connected the storm to the usb the DM can't pick it up so I clicked on device connection which brings up the options and selected the device that was reconized but not connected( no luck )

• re-connect the device with the battery out and tried pulling up the app loader (no luck)
    • re connect the device and tried the other option to reload the OS ( works until the Connecting to device comes up, put the battery back in and DM fails to connect to the device).
    • DL the JL_Cmder/javaloader but gives me a error messege of not being to open port
    • No connection available
    If this doesn't work... Fudge the storm and come back my curve!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    What OS are you running on your Storm?
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    try opening the AppLoader and leave it at where it asks you to select the pin.
    Now with the battery in, as its booting right BEFORE that error message plug it in and click on next as the PIN:UNKOWN message shows up (as it should).

If not then try again what you did with the battery out and then clicking on it as soon as the PIN:UNKOWN messages shows up. I know you said you already tried it but i had that same error on my Bold when i first got it and i kept doing it until out of nowhere it detected it using the no battery trick and it worked.

Keep us posted

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Yeah, when that happens, I've had it take a few tries.

EthanCole Guest
    I have .75 installed and spent about 6 hours last night just going at it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Honestly it took me two days when it happened i spent a whole night going at it then gave up ... then the night after at the end of the night after trying all night (agian lol) it worked.
    Keep it up !
    Good luck!

EthanCole Guest
    I gave up and got a replacement in today I'm not that good going through a day without a berry.... pin:305F5145 ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanCole View Post
    I gave up and got a replacement in today I'm not that good going through a day without a berry.... pin:305F5145 ~via smartphone~
    lol i hear you ...

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    Do you guys know why this happened? Mines good so far only froze ones~via smartphone~

EthanCole Guest
    ****UPDATE****

Ok. So, I spoke with a real Down to earth Tech at Verizon.
    This is a non fatal app error.
    Meaning:
    It kills a key jvm process on the OS BUT! The OS .75 is designed to *auto re-install
    These kind of errors...
    [THATS WHERE THE "RESET" COMES IN ON THE ERROR]
    Now, Regardless if you re-install the OS or follow all the time consuming steps
    JUST KEEP DOING A BATTERY PULL!!

EX:
    YOU GET THE ERROR MSG ON A WHITE SCREEN BUT DOES NOT RESET RIGHT AWAY
    KEEP TAPPING ON THE SCREEN AND PRESS THE BUTTONS UNTIL IT RESETS

ONCE THAT HAPPENDS WAIT TO SEE IF IT COMES UP AGAIN...
    IF IT DOES, JUST DO BATTERY PULLS
    (MAKE SURE TO WAIT AT LEAST 30SEC UP TO A MIN BETWEEN PULLS)
    THAT SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE ISSUE.

REMEMBER*** THIS IS A OS PROBLEM AND DOES NOT GO AWAY IF YOU ALWAYS RELOAD THE OS ONTO YOUR DEVICE... IT'S JUST SOME GLITCH THAT IS ONLY FIXED ON THE UPCOMING OS RELEASE BY THE END OF THE MONTH***
    Last edited by EthanCole; 02-05-2009 at 03:08 PM.

parrie no está en línea Stack level 2
    For what it's worth, I had the same issue happen to a Curve and I found this article on the Blackberry Forums.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...cending&page=1

Middle of the way down, someone suggested using JL_Commander with the following command:

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader -u -w erase -f net_rim_bb_mms

It took longer than usual to wipe and scrub the device but it did come back to a working state.