I came over from Sprint to Verizon and got the Storm. I use always be ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone use Verizon Storm with BT DUN

Advertisement

I came over from Sprint to Verizon and got the Storm. I use always be able to use BT DUN with Sprint. I setup the Storm with the BT DUN and when I connect it is very slow. I called Verizon and they said they don't support BT DUN but they do offer it in the VZW Manager. Anyone know of a way to make it work? With Sprint I had the Curve and used BT DUN and got very good speeds, nothing lighting fast but enough to view web pages and download my email. I do have the tether on Verizon for the BB Storm. Thanks

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    I get par DSL speeds by tethering my Storm my MacBook Pro, I consistently nail a 130-140kb downspeed through DSL Reports when using it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Thanks rmerck. Sounds like Verizon has some how done something to the BT to not be able to use the data through it. Even though with other carriers you can. I also setup the tether with the USB cable and got 430 down and 80 up. I think this is very slow. With my Sprint Curve I would get that with BT DUN and with USB I would get 650 down 130 up. Hopefully some one has a way to unlock or has something to edit the BT to be able to let data pass through at its normal speed.

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3
    I get blazing speeds with the Storm... I too was a migrant from a very horrid Sprint...

I tether using my USB cable (the fastest).

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Funny you ask this because I was thinking the same thing! I've been using BT DUN ON MY storm and had always used it on my 8830 but I was thinking that the speeds were less than stellar. Guess I'll try the usb option

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok got the BT DUN to work. I guess at my house the connection must not be good at all. Today I'm traveling down to my job and tried the BT DUN and worked at speeds of 380 down 180 upload. This is without tke USB cable. I left the cable at home forgot it.