Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was just wondering if anyone has noticed if the storms being shipped right now have ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jymkym1 no está en línea Stack level 2

anyone noticed improved hardware on newer storms?

Advertisement

Was just wondering if anyone has noticed if the storms being shipped right now have any improvements with the hardware (screws too tight,buttons coming loose etc.)and if not, why. Hasn't there been enough bad storms yet to warrent any hardware changes, I would think that if there were obvious flaws they would be addressed with any new phones coming out of the factory's ASAP.. Maybe it all comes down to bad quality control. I will have my storm in a few days and was just curious. Thnx Everyone

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    I really don't know what to say to this. I purchased my Storm on release day and think it's one of the most physically stable BB's yet. My curve felt cheap and fragile compared to my storm. I have run into quite a few other people out and about who also love how solid the phone is made. I've even had my Storm knock out of my hands at the bar and it landed on cement with no dings, scratches or damage to functions of the phone in any way. To me, the only flaws with this phone are in the OS, but it's getting much better.
    This is just my observation.
    :)

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i fear the screws in my storm are too tight too.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have had the original since release date, but am getting a replacement because of a device error that is causing it to reset daily, so well see if the hardware is any different; will find out come.... wednesday?

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Dean...

Do you get an error and then you have to reboot it, or does it do it on it's own and comes back up on its own too?

I've noticed my phone reboot twice on it's own, I wonder how many times i've missed it reboot, or if it even happens. I've also noticed my battery lasts no more then 24 hours on standby.

Quote Originally Posted by RCode View Post
    Dean...

Do you get an error and then you have to reboot it, or does it do it on it's own and comes back up on its own too?

I've noticed my phone reboot twice on it's own, I wonder how many times i've missed it reboot, or if it even happens. I've also noticed my battery lasts no more then 24 hours on standby.
    yeah, it does it by itself, I think it might be due to the fact that it is sitting idle and searching for service - as it only happens mon-friday - when I'm at work, with no service... the restart loses at least a bar every time it does this... which sucks! I wish I could read the device error code, but the screen wont brighten and i can only see device error

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I charged my device last night before I went to bed. So in 11 hours it is down to 45% and I have not used to the phone more then to look at a few emails. No phone calls at at all.

Also another thing I noticed, I've only made 1 phone call with this phone, and it says I have 3+ hours of talk time on the phone. What's the deal with that?

Cheers,
    -Sam.

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    the things been out for less than 30 days so I cant imagine what kind of hardware issue were, if any, addressed.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    There have been no hardware changes made to the Storm.

so i just got my replacement storm from verizon.... the screen clicking is much better - probably as good as when I had the business card behind my battery... and so far, I have also noticed that if I do "show keyboard" in landscape or portrait(full menu) the next time i bring up full menu, it comes up as again(until i actually minimize it - it remembers) - my first storm did not do this. Also... verizon sent me the whole package and is telling me that I keep the charger, micro sd, usb cord, battery etc that came with the new device and only send back the defective device... I'm not complaining, but holy cow, did I just hit the jackpot?

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't find any hardware issues with the storm. The only thing that kinda annoys me is the accelarometer is too sensitive but I think that can be fix with a software update.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    There have been no hardware changes made to the Storm.
    i Second that. Confirmed by RIM. No hardware revision on the storm.
    Some units are better than other its all.

advsr11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Its just luck of the draw. Got mine on launch day and it has been outstanding. Screen click is uniformly strong. The only software bug I found is the when charging in the off position, the unit fails to notify when battery charge is complete with a solid green LED indicator.

I got a replacement yesterday to see if the bug was unique to mine or ubiquitious. It showed up in the replacement as well. Also the screen click was far inferior to my launch day unit. Sending replacement back. Original made in Canada, replacement made in Mexico. BTW, the replacement was NIB as I requested under new every two, not warranty.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I find that Made in Canada units are always a little better than the others - but indeed like we said in that huge talk we had before it doenst ALWAYS make a difference.
    Both storms ive had were Made in Canada and only one was flawless.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    While it would be gratifying to see RIM adhere to high quality control and build quality, it's obvious they're cranking out these cheap flimsy handsets in order to keep their costs down in order to put them in the hands of as many people as they can.
    I've heard some promising reports regarding build quality on the 8900, which I've been waiting for since selling my Bold after only one day due in part to it's poor quality.
    This is obviously a major consideration in their business plan that we would hope they adjust to reflect their preeminent position in the race to crank out Super Smart Phones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast