well, I thought i was loving my storm until Saturday night. I started having freeze ... BlackBerry Storm forum

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3

and the problems started :-(

Advertisement

well, I thought i was loving my storm until Saturday night. I started having freeze ups and lagging etc. Parts of the screen are non responsive for example not letting me clock on advanced options or hit p, l, or backspace on landscape keyboard. I pulled the battery several times and it would start again. I could not respond to text messages etc, and that was the ones i was actually getting it was aggravating. I restarted several times just for it to start again. I saw a thread that said the SIM card may cause problems so i took that out last night and had the same issues. At some points it wouldn't move off of one icon and wouldn't let me select anything except what it fell on. I actually got on My Verizon last night and switched my service back to my curve because I couldn't do anything with the storm. Now im wondering if i should return it before my 30 days is up??

I know we are supposed to be getting an official OS update one of these days but i payed retail for it and I don't know if its work it, I don't think so right now.
    VZW STORM 9530

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    armen,

If it's not working for you it seems you should do one of two things. Return it for another one (if you like the concept and think you may have gotten a bad one) or return it and wait for "another day and another device if you don't like the concept.) Hope that helps - it's just an opinion. Never tried the Storm.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yea that's what I'm thinking. I may just return it and wait till june when I can upgrade and see if its improved. I like the phone but its not worth it to deal with all the problems. I need it to function.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    armen,

If it's not working for you it seems you should do one of two things. Return it for another one (if you like the concept and think you may have gotten a bad one) or return it and wait for "another day and another device if you don't like the concept.) Hope that helps - it's just an opinion. Never tried the Storm.

I've read about problems with the Storm and it's too bad but this one just may not have been QUITE ready to go when they "let it out." Sorry for the trouble - I know it's disappointing. Let us know what you decide.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i agree with jb. the storm is a fantastic device however with the "not ready for primetime" os that is was sold with,patience is one thing that must be installed in the user. if you're not willing to do that you might be happier returning it and getting something with a stronger track record.

to get you up and running quickly, if your comfortable with updaing your os,i suggest you upgrade to the latest beta os .99. if you're already on that and are still having the problems but want to keep the storm...swap it out.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

I haven't tried to update the os yet. I'm running .75 that it came with. I have .99 already downloaded on my comp but haven't installed yet because I didn't want to screw it up but its already pretty bad now. Guess it wouldent hurt. I'd just have to put it back to factory to return.

Armen, Maybe you should check out this thread - I just happened to see - and compare noted with alihijazi if you want to.

I think I will try to load .99 to the phone when I get home and try that. If I'm still having all the issues ill downgrade back to .75 and return it. I haven't tried to business card thing. I think its more than that although my screen is being non responsive at certain times.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My Storm has been excellent

alihijazi no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    hey man,

I had the same problems with the screen being stupid. it would just do whatever it wanted. I think that even though you think your screen may not be bad, that it is the issue. mine used to click "decently" but i had a gut feeling something was wrong. with the business card trick you really do notice a difference, and i'm going to swap mine out. i also should say that os .99 is nearly perfect for alot of use. it's not perfect but no os for any phone is. it greatly improves performance and enjoyabilty of your phone.

instal .99 and get a new one. if it still doesn't work, return it and switch to at&t and get a bold

random155 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    I haven't tried to update the os yet. I'm running .75 that it came with. I have .99 already downloaded on my comp but haven't installed yet because I didn't want to screw it up but its already pretty bad now. Guess it wouldent hurt. I'd just have to put it back to factory to return.
    You don't gabe to put it back to factory to return it. I returned mine with .75

random155 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sorry meant .90

lol nah, I tried ATT and the BOLD, loved the phone but not the network. Kept switching to EDGE and we are supposed to be full 3G over here. Also the tethering sucked because when it would switch to EDGE it would pretty much completely stop running. I also had a dropped or failed call first night I had it. It wasn't worth paying to get out of my Verizon contract just to get the phone.
    VZW STORM 9530

I got all the stuff in the truck and after work im heading to the store and return or see if they gonna try to talk me into exchanging it for another and see if that works better. It really was a great phone for a few days, im willing to try another one!
    VZW STORM 9530