So I got a Storm on the original launch day, then returned it within 30 ... BlackBerry Storm forum

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2

9530 O/S fixed? Camera speed fixed?

Advertisement

So I got a Storm on the original launch day, then returned it within 30 days. It crashed CONSTANTLY and I was not confident that the O/S issues were going to be resolved in a timely manner, so I ditched it. Well, here I am again 4 months later and I am wondering if the issues have been fixed by O/S upgrades since the original launch. Specifically - is the camera lag fixed? The lag was so bad on the unit I had that my son (who I was trying to photograph) was usually in the next room before the shutter went off. What about other issues like the screen lag or freezing when rotating from portrait to landscape? Or the daily lockups/crashes?? If these issues have been fixed, did you fix them using "official" O/S upgrades, or leaked ones?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm not sure if I should take the plunge again on a Storm. I just want it to work properly... maybe I should get a Curve?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    So I got a Storm on the original launch day, then returned it within 30 days. It crashed CONSTANTLY and I was not confident that the O/S issues were going to be resolved in a timely manner, so I ditched it. Well, here I am again 4 months later and I am wondering if the issues have been fixed by O/S upgrades since the original launch. Specifically - is the camera lag fixed? The lag was so bad on the unit I had that my son (who I was trying to photograph) was usually in the next room before the shutter went off. What about other issues like the screen lag or freezing when rotating from portrait to landscape? Or the daily lockups/crashes?? If these issues have been fixed, did you fix them using "official" O/S upgrades, or leaked ones?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm not sure if I should take the plunge again on a Storm. I just want it to work properly... maybe I should get a Curve?

the OS have been making improvements on all things that were deficent in the original release. The latest "BETA" is 109 and its changing from portrait to landscape is the best yet. The lock ups are at a minimal. The best for this since the original release. As lots of people were having BBM lock ups. Not yet have I had one since Tuesday. The camera still is definitely lacking in the speed department. It all has to do with the way the AUTO focus works. And I still find it frustrating and annoying. I shot a picture the other day with my curve. and it was lightning fast. Then also tried shooting with my G1. It too has a massive lag in pushing the shutter and capturing the image. I am very certain that the auto focus here is the issue too. Not too sure what else they can do about it but...

There were rumors about an offiical OS release in the second week in FEB. Well that has come and gone. So standing by. THere is alledgedy another OS being tested right now. So stannding by yet again.. The next OS willl make it #7. :P

Hope that helps a bit.
    Regards
    cHAd

also see this post for pros and cons:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f341/24_hours_to_set_me_straight-102550/
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yeah Chad I agree with you, so far the .109 Beta is the best so far. The camera is very snappy to load, but taking a pic still takes some time if you're not perfectly still. However, it was MUCH better than the .75 official OS and all the other beta's to date.

As far as the accelerometer, it still has something to be desired. It's faster with each Beta Leak, but still needs work. Perhaps take some pointers from Apple??? Cause I know the Iphone's accelerometer rocks!

I don't have any lockup's for the most part, and only had a few resets. All in all, I think the .109 is by far the best OS.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--