Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wanted to give an update; my battery life has been better for a while ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3

.85 OS battery life update

Advertisement

Just wanted to give an update; my battery life has been better for a while using this, but I have 60% left now and have used it for about 30 hours now... pretty impressed... anyone else have similar/different experiences?

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Wow sounds like a very stable os~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

simonintx no está en línea Stack level 2
    30 hours??? You serious?

I have .85. I took my phone off the charger at 9 AM this morning after charging all night and it's at 60% now. It's 5:14 PM now. I just started charging it again so I can make it through the tonight because I'll be out tonight. It will die tonight or be very close to dead if I don't charge it now. Today, I ordered an extended battery from Seidio, the slim one that doesn't require the replacement door, not the hunchback one.

What apps are you runnings? Maybe that's the difference? I have weathereye (updates every 2 hours), Talklock, Pageonce, The Street, Opera Mini and QuickPull. I deleted the visual voice mail, VZ navigator and VCast.

nlewis44 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I actually noticed a decrease once I moved to .85.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by simonintx View Post
    30 hours??? You serious? .
    sure am... although my battery was about the same for a while... the other day it stared seriously acting up - lagging like no other, was unusable really... then i did a few bat pulls, and charged it up overnight and its actually STILL at 60% haha... so i dont know how it happened, havent used it as much as I do at times, but still... I have talklock... weatherbug running with other apps including youtube, browser(obviously), softreset, google maps, bb messenger, slydial, beyond 411 vlingo

hustler0531 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305247f0
    Where can I get 8.5?
    "Only the STRONG survive"

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When I first installed 85 my battery was horrible but it seems that it is a little better in the last week or so. I thought I had a bad battery because it would die in about 8 hours. I can get a good 18 hour day out of it now.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I did a test with .85 this weekend or my storm in general...

charged it all night to 100%, left it all day. Only checked it once to see it was still on. No applications on, or running, only getting regular 3-4 bar service, and it was dead by the end of the night. It was unplugged around 9:30am, and was dead by 12:00am that night. I didn't even use the phone for a minute and the battery was dead. I tried the next day using it for a few phone calls, checking the web, the weather, watched a few vids, and it was dead by around 9:30. Not really much difference...

I am very disapointed in the battery life of this phone, even .85 is nothing to brag about. It crashes, freezes, and everything else... why don't I go back to .73 or whatever.. cause it froze and did the same crap I would expect from a beta phone.

Don't get me wrong, the technology is great... but why would RIM ever realease such a crappy working phone. They have lost so many customers, and built up a name of unreliability.....not very smart for a company that is fighting for market share.

PIN/ID
    305247f0
    Again...anyone have suggestions as to where I can actually find a link to 85? Or at least point me to the thread to find it....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hustler0531 View Post
    Again...anyone have suggestions as to where I can actually find a link to 85? Or at least point me to the thread to find it....thanks.
    all i can say is that google is your friend and the version is 4.7.0.85 for the storm!
    filename is 9530AllLang_PBr4.7.0_rel120_PL4.0.0.107_A4.7.0.85. exe

also, update... my phone died about... an hour and a half ago finally... so I dont know maybe 60 hours it lasted?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try Google.

simonintx no está en línea Stack level 2
    60 hours? No way! I find it hard to believe when my phone can't last the whole day. What is the difference? Who is the norm here?

Quote Originally Posted by simonintx View Post
    60 hours? No way! I find it hard to believe when my phone can't last the whole day. What is the difference? Who is the norm here?
    made me shocked too and hasnt ever lasted that long before, but facts are facts

PIN/ID
    305247f0
    OOPS, sorry for being soo pushy about asking for info on 85.....I just read the rules to the site...lol. Thanks for throwing the hint out there for me DEAN0UGA ;-)

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,

I have the international 3G storm running 4.7.0.78. Is this new .85 release for the 3G or is it only for the CDMA version?

My battery life is terrible and I'm just so so disappointed with this phone I can't tell you. I should have gone for a Bold :-((

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast