Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I tried finding a thread to answer this but I was not able to. Sorry ... BlackBerry Storm forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

.83 vs .85

Advertisement

I tried finding a thread to answer this but I was not able to. Sorry if its a repost BUT. Im hearing .85 is much better then .83. Well, what does .85 fix that was wrong with .83? Anyone know?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i was having problems with 83....sorry can't remember what they were. i was debating going back to .75. 85 fixed those things. still not perfect but best yet.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i was having problems with 83....sorry can't remember what they were. i was debating going back to .75. 85 fixed those things. still not perfect but best yet.
    What are some of the problems you are encountering now with .85?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i went back to .76 from .83 too dont remember why (check out the Beta thread) .85 has been good so far.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    .85 ftw!
    :)

hustler0531 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305247f0
    I have been running 85 for two days now and its a WHOLE LOT BETTER than 83 in my opinion! the biggest thing for me was that the accelerometer (hope I spelled it right) would not rotate fast enough when I turned the phone. It rotates much quicker with 85. The day that I upgraded to 85 from 83 my phone froze up and I had to do a battery pull 5 freakin times (NO LIE)! Since Ive been with 85 no freezes yet. In my opinion it just seems to be alot more stable, but I will keep you posted.
    "Only the STRONG survive"

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I just downgraded from .85 back to .76. I never had .83, but .85 made my phone very buggy. The official release works just fine for me. I only upgraded after hearing everyone brag about how much faster the OS was. Not the case for me. I know .85 is beta so individual results may vary, but I'm sticking to .76. Very stable for me.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-08-2009 at 06:35 PM.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    So for the first time i have gotten that mysterious 502 application error message never ever ever didnt that when i had .83 other than that no big deal, works better for me too.
    MrS.OfFiCeR

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by jdow2405 View Post
    So for the first time i have gotten that mysterious 502 application error message never ever ever didnt that when i had .83 other than that no big deal, works better for me too.
    Yeah, same here..."503"! 3x's since upgrade...also some mystery resets. But over all, I like it better than .83. My camera works soooooo much better.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yes with 85 I get a lot of the app errors. I am starting to get quite a few of them in the past couple of days. But get I'm not going to complain, I guess that's why it is still in beta . Other than that I haven't really had any other problems.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NYNWYR no está en línea Stack level 2
    this is starting to turn out like the 4.5 OS situation that we all waited for on the curve. Grrrrrrrrr.......

NYNWYR no está en línea Stack level 2
    hurry up rim your making us look bad........AGAIN!
    Last edited by NYNWYR; 01-13-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: forgot end

Qwest336 no está en línea Stack level 1
    FIRST POST:
    I updated to .85 this weekend. The phone is NOTICEABLY faster. The accelerometor works perfectly. And the only problem I am having to date is that sometimes the screen stays lit causing my battery to drain. I have probably had to do a battery pull 4 or 5 times thus far to fix it, otherwise my batt is dead by 4 PM. Other than that, I do like the speed differences.

Sidenote: Hopefully they will fix the speed of the camera soon. Pictures take forever to "snap" and the flash's timing seems a bit off leading to a generally washed out looking picture. It's a shame for a flash that bright not to work properly!

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwest336 View Post
    FIRST POST:
    I updated to .85 this weekend. The phone is NOTICEABLY faster. The accelerometor works perfectly. And the only problem I am having to date is that sometimes the screen stays lit causing my battery to drain. I have probably had to do a battery pull 4 or 5 times thus far to fix it, otherwise my batt is dead by 4 PM. Other than that, I do like the speed differences.

Sidenote: Hopefully they will fix the speed of the camera soon. Pictures take forever to "snap" and the flash's timing seems a bit off leading to a generally washed out looking picture. It's a shame for a flash that bright not to work properly!
    interesting... first off, Welcome to the forum! .86 is out, which is a little better with the camera and a little faster in performance as well.
    as far as the screen goes, have you changed your settings? mine are as follows(options>screen/keyboard):
    brightness:30
    backlight timeout:10 sec.
    Auto Dim Backlight: off
    Give that a whirl!

Qwest336 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    interesting... first off, Welcome to the forum! .86 is out, which is a little better with the camera and a little faster in performance as well.
    as far as the screen goes, have you changed your settings? mine are as follows(options>screen/keyboard):
    brightness:30
    backlight timeout:10 sec.
    Auto Dim Backlight: off
    Give that a whirl!
    Thanks for the welcome and the quick response!

I didn't know .86 was out...I thought .85 was still in beta testing! LOL I will upgrade tonight and see how it goes. As far as the settings go, we have the exact same settings. But I changed mine to that because of the battery life. The screen still will not dim at times without a battery pull. I'm not sure what the problem is, but hopefully it is fixed with the upgrade. I will log on and let you know tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast