Today i went to sleep, and i forgot to put my storm on the table. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

My 3 day old storm needs a new screen

Advertisement

Today i went to sleep, and i forgot to put my storm on the table. In the night i heard a big BANG and i see my storm on the floor but it wasnt untill the moning when i noticed a big crack across the screen. So now i need a new screen. I tried ebay, cnn.cn and other sites non have a new replacement screen. Anybody knows where i can get a new screen? Or maybe i could get a replacement from Verizon somehow? Im a att customer, the phone is brand new and i got it from another guy that was on verizon. I guess if i dont get a replacement screen ill have to buy a screen for my bold :s
    Last edited by mac14x; 02-10-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

EthanCole Guest
    you can always call up one of those phone insurance companies and get a replacement that way. Back with my 8703e I dropped it and got smashed by a bike right after.

Here's a link to the one I used:

http://www.asurion.com/

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Is there anyother way where i can jus get the screen? i dont want to send my phone in for a repair takes to long.....
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Haven't seen screens for sale yet. My heart goes out to u as I know how it feels. Dropped my pearl in water a few years ago and had insurance on my bb ever since.
    Hope u get sorted soon.
    ~via smartphone~

EthanCole Guest
    I don't there's any replacement parts available for the storm other than the battery cover, battery, and the back speaker thing. I got my replacement and then I sent the phone.

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    okay, i have a major question.....

I was told by verizon, and a asurion rep (verizon's insurance agency) that I can ONLY get insurance on any phone within a 15 day period from when I buy/ activate the phone.....?

Is there anyway to get insurance without this issue...because I honestly had no clue that there was a 15 day limit....? and I got pretty angry and had a very interesting conversation with the rep at asurion...

and all he kept telling me was..."im sorry sir, but that is our policy", i just wanted to say well take it and etc etc etc, so i shut the phone......

and now I live everyday of my life so far babying it, and making SURE i don't drop it.....
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarudude View Post

I was told by verizon, and a asurion rep (verizon's insurance agency) that I can ONLY get insurance on any phone within a 15 day period from when I buy/ activate the phone.....?

Is there anyway to get insurance without this issue...because I honestly had no clue that there was a 15 day limit....? and I got pretty angry and had a very interesting conversation with the rep at asurion...

and all he kept telling me was..."im sorry sir, but that is our policy", i just wanted to say well take it and etc etc etc, so i shut the phone......

and now I live everyday of my life so far babying it, and making SURE i don't drop it.....
    Try searching around your city stores that can cover you phone, or maybe replace parts for cheap. Here in chicago there is this one shop where they repair your bb and i think actually put insurance on it but im not sure. But i dont like the storm that much its very fragile. The bold can take 90x more dropping than the storm......It does i have droped my bold 100x more than i droped my storm and never broke, no damage, screen perfect...AND LOOK AT THE STORM!!!!! FIRST DAMN DROP AND SCREEN IS BROKE WTFFF STOP MAKING PHONES IN CHINA!!!!! urg....lol

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Try searching around your city stores that can cover you phone, or maybe replace parts for cheap. Here in chicago there is this one shop where they repair your bb and i think actually put insurance on it but im not sure. But i dont like the storm that much its very fragile. The bold can take 90x more dropping than the storm......It does i have droped my bold 100x more than i droped my storm and never broke, no damage, screen perfect...AND LOOK AT THE STORM!!!!! FIRST DAMN DROP AND SCREEN IS BROKE WTFFF STOP MAKING PHONES IN CHINA!!!!! urg....lol
    ?? Most things I get are made in China and they are fine. I couldn't find any screens either and most of the BlackBerry repair shops don't carry Storm parts yet. I guess you're going to have to wait it out or go through the Verizon replacement program.

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Try getting the guy you bought it from to put insurance on it and place a claim for you so you could get a new phone. just a thought
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarudude View Post

try researching 3rd pty insurance companies to insure your phone. and it actually may be cheaper to insure it through them. i know thats how i had to do it when i had my old att tilt!
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You know, I have yet to use the Storm much yet, but I noticed that when I pressed the screen, the screen wiggled in place... it doesn't fit into the chassis correctly.