Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are they same? I have not seen a "3G" indicator on my phone since I ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bfournier no está en línea Stack level 2

1XEV vs 3G

Advertisement

Are they same? I have not seen a "3G" indicator on my phone since I have had it. I spent last week in Vegas which according to the Verizon map should be 3G.

mnemerah no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm pretty sure that 1xev is what you will see when connected to verizons 3g network. 1x is voice coverage only I believe, no data.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Asked this question to our Telus rep today, because I've been hearing Telus advertise they have 3G Curves. Apparently they have always been 3G. 3G is 1XEV Rev A.

Here is his reply "[FONT=Calibri]1XEVDO was first now the BlackBerry’s are going off 1XEVDO REV A and soon it will be G4."[/FONT]

The Storm is said to be 4G

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bfournier View Post
    Are they same? I have not seen a "3G" indicator on my phone since I have had it. I spent last week in Vegas which according to the Verizon map should be 3G.
    On verizon, you will not see 3g unless you are out of the country - vodaphone does show 3g though

vsp1140 no está en línea Stack level 2
    1XEV = 3G

1xev= no 3G

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    They are correct, 1XEV is 3G. I have had it for a while now on mine.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes 1xEV is the 3G of verizons network. However it is not the same as GSM 3G network. If you compare both type of networks in optimal circumstances 1XEVDO is slower, and you do not have voice and data at the same time. That kind of sucks for you guys on verizon and telus with the storm, because the device is capable of voice and data at the same time, but EVDO networks are not. Must be very annoying, you can have voice and data at the same time if you are roaming somehere else on GSM, but on your home networls no such luck.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    sprint does it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Telus is supposed to launce there new network next year... (hoping at least). The only reason I can see this happening is because Telus is big out west (BC), and if they get the network up before the Olympics they will make some extra dough on the roaming fees that would help pay for the network, plus some good advertising and promotion.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    1xev= 2g, not 3g... 2g =Edge

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    1xev= 2g, not 3g... 2g =Edge
    WRONG! 1XEV is the 3rd form of 1xrtt- which in fact is 3g, edge is tech 2.5g- and then u have hsdpa as gsm's 3g! Now EVDO rev A is faster upload speeds via softwear; EVDO rev b would need a physical upgrades, that's why most carriers are going to LTE which is 4G. Thanks for comming out.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by RCode View Post
    Telus is supposed to launce there new network next year... (hoping at least). The only reason I can see this happening is because Telus is big out west (BC), and if they get the network up before the Olympics they will make some extra dough on the roaming fees that would help pay for the network, plus some good advertising and promotion.
    Both Telus and Bell will have there HSDPA up and running @ 7.2mbps by 2010's olympics.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    Both Telus and Bell will have there HSDPA up and running @ 7.2mbps by 2010's olympics.
    Thats good to hear. Sucks for Rogers that Telus is spending all this money and upgrading to the next level of Rogers' current network!. lol.. I would be pretty pissed of if I was in ROgers' management.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    1XEVDO = 3G (Just the CDMA naming for 3G)

3G is a term started by GSM developers to promote data.

LTE = 4G (Which is going to be the next step to a universal network that everyone can roam on, therefore, GSM and CDMA will be obsolete in the future just like Analog and EDGE is gone for good.

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Thats good to hear. Sucks for Rogers that Telus is spending all this money and upgrading to the next level of Rogers' current network!. lol.. I would be pretty pissed of if I was in ROgers' management.
    Haha, it does suck for Rogers that Bell and Telus is joining force to make a leap in technology.

Any news when Sprint is going to migrate to LTE as well? I have a feeling they are going to join force with Verizon to kick AT&T butts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast