I didnt find a post like this when i searched. i just noticed this today. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8

160 char max txt messages?? on the 9530

Advertisement

I didnt find a post like this when i searched. i just noticed this today. why couldn't rim keep with the rest of the blackberries (well at least the curve and the bold) and be able to just continue typing a txt all in the same message. for instance like on the bold you have at the top the number of characters you've typed and how many messages it is. you could send up to 6 txts long without having to send that one and open up a new txt message once you hit that 160 character mark.

why cant you do that on the storm? i mean doesnt that make sense just being able to type until your finished and send it all at once rather than having to stop in the middle of a message send that one because you ran out of characters. then start another message to the same person and continue what you were saying? if you even remember at that point?

i know they send as separate messages but still. it was definately easier to just keep on typing and send it rather than have to stop-send-open new message-re select contact-type and resend the rest of the message. maybe its just me being me being picky but i did really like that feature on the bb's ive ever used.

is there a way to make it so you can be able to just continue the message? if so how? maybe there is a program out there that will let you do it. i don't know but dag gone it i want that feature back lol.

edit: oh by the way im on the 9530 on os .75

thanks for the help,solutions,and or comments in advance.

Pat
    Last edited by manoffire21; 01-31-2009 at 05:13 AM.
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That is decided by carrier. None of the verizon or alltel BBs will go over the 160 characters. There are other carriers as well that also do this......there are many threads about this issue. The easiest workaround for this is to compose MMS instead which does not have such a short limit

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    I didnt find a post like this when i searched. i just noticed this today. why couldn't rim keep with the rest of the blackberries (well at least the curve and the bold) and be able to just continue typing a txt all in the same message. for instance like on the bold you have at the top the number of characters you've typed and how many messages it is. you could send up to 6 txts long without having to send that one and open up a new txt message once you hit that 160 character mark.

why cant you do that on the storm? i mean doesnt that make sense just being able to type until your finished and send it all at once rather than having to stop in the middle of a message send that one because you ran out of characters. then start another message to the same person and continue what you were saying? if you even remember at that point?

i know they send as separate messages but still. it was definately easier to just keep on typing and send it rather than have to stop-send-open new message-re select contact-type and resend the rest of the message. maybe its just me being me being picky but i did really like that feature on the bb's ive ever used.

is there a way to make it so you can be able to just continue the message? if so how? maybe there is a program out there that will let you do it. i don't know but dag gone it i want that feature back lol.

edit: oh by the way im on the 9530 on os .75

thanks for the help,solutions,and or comments in advance.

Pat
    tip: instead of saying...
    honey would you mind getting a gallon of milk on your way home from work today? i know you're going right by the store and it wouldn't take you but a minute to stop by and grab a gallon. i will go get it if you really don't want to. i know you are tired from working all day and sometimes just want to get home without stopping anywhere. i can understand that and if you are having one of those days just let me know and i'll run to the store and pick one up. so just let me know if you're going to stop and get a gallon of milk or if you want me to get my town clothes on and get in the car and go get a gallon of milk. it will be a lot easier if you get one but i understand if you really don't feel like stopping and running into the store to get a gallon of milk because you might run into one of those times like when you run in to get a gallon of milk and go to check out and there is only one register open and there are five people in front of you with their buggys full of food and it takes you 30 minutes to check out. but then again i might run into the same problem if i run to the store. i could get behind five people with buggys full of food too. they have been doing better lately though. the last time i went in there they had 3 registers open and only 1 person in line at each one. i guess our complaint in that little box did some good. i think a lot of places just throw those things in the garbage and don't even look at them. they just put the box there to make people think that what they say actually makes a difference. just let me know if you're going to pick up the gallon of milk or if you want me to go pick it up. we could just wait untill tomorrow to get some when we do our weekly grocery shopping though. i just thought you might want a glass tonight when you eat a piece of cake. just let me know. i love you.

say:
    honey,would you mind picking up some milk on your way home? luv ya

just kiddin ya
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    honey would you mind getting a gallon of milk on your way home from work today? i know you're going right by the store and it wouldn't take you but a minute to stop by and grab a gallon. i will go get it if you really don't want to. i know you are tired from working all day and sometimes just want to get home without stopping anywhere. i can understand that and if you are having one of those days just let me know and i'll run to the store and pick one up. so just let me know if you're going to stop and get a gallon of milk or if you want me to get my town clothes on and get in the car and go get a gallon of milk. it will be a lot easier if you get one but i understand if you really don't feel like stopping and running into the store to get a gallon of milk because you might run into one of those times like when you run in to get a gallon of milk and go to check out and there is only one register open and there are five people in front of you with their buggys full of food and it takes you 30 minutes to check out. but then again i might run into the same problem if i run to the store. i could get behind five people with buggys full of food too. they have been doing better lately though. the last time i went in there they had 3 registers open and only 1 person in line at each one. i guess our complaint in that little box did some good. i think a lot of places just throw those things in the garbage and don't even look at them. they just put the box there to make people think that what they say actually makes a difference. just let me know if you're going to pick up the gallon of milk or if you want me to go pick it up. we could just wait untill tomorrow to get some when we do our weekly grocery shopping though. i just thought you might want a glass tonight when you eat a piece of cake. just let me know. i love you.

say:

just kiddin ya

WOW. The fact that you took the time to write all of that just to try and get a chuckle out of people is AMAZING at the least. I salute you good sir

jorgie1983 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30652DD6
    WELCOME TO VERIZON!!!! Welcome to restrictions up the @$$ wifi? What is that? GPS, I hope you like paying 10 bucks a month for vz navigator or using the crappy bb maps. But hey, you have the storm so I'm envious. I am a curve owner at the minute.

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgie1983 View Post
    WELCOME TO VERIZON!!!! Welcome to restrictions up the @$$ wifi? What is that? GPS, I hope you like paying 10 bucks a month for vz navigator or using the crappy bb maps. But hey, you have the storm so I'm envious. I am a curve owner at the minute.
    use google maps and you dont have to pay a dime!!!! works just as good in my opinion! And you know what at the rate ATT's service was going for me I would rather be on Verizon. Not to mention the fact that I have not had one missed or dropped call in the past 3 days and i would have had 40 by now on att!

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post

say:

just kiddin ya
    Ty for the elaborate post cats....im sure anyone who reads this just like i did will laugh!! thanks buddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That is decided by carrier. None of the verizon or alltel BBs will go over the 160 characters. There are other carriers as well that also do this......there are many threads about this issue. The easiest workaround for this is to compose MMS instead which does not have such a short limit

Thats interesting to know.....I never would have thought of that az! Thanks all of you for your help!

Pat
    storm 9530

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea that is very annoying on vzw. I have the 8330 with verizon but I'm getting the bold so I'm leaving them. The locked gps and no wifi is also dumb.
    VZW STORM 9530

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    well...if you think about it, the whole 160 character limit is sorta good as a reminder to make messages as compact as possible.....

I remember back in the day when we used to pay by the text message...and personally...that would have sucked to have sent *6* text messages in one swing, you know.....
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    Yea that is very annoying on vzw. I have the 8330 with verizon but I'm getting the bold so I'm leaving them. The locked gps and no wifi is also dumb.

i currently still do have the bold because it didnt sell on ebay yet.....but be ware of att's network. their 3g isnt the greatest imo! especially in my area. my service went up and down and i dropped soo many calls it was un believeable! been with vzw 3 days now and am loving every second of it!! did a speed test side by side of the bold and storm and hands down storm (VZW) loads same web page alot faster than the bold (ATT) vzw network is def better and faster imo!!
    storm 9530

belush no está en línea Stack level 1
    ya its pretty annoying to text only 160 and start back over

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Agreed .

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Lol, that's where Super Abbreviating comes handy, LOL~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    yea sometimes i want to continue my thoughts, and by the time i open a new message and select the recipient i have forgotten the juicy details of my message....lol

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Unless you are on a carrier without MMS the best solution is to send the message as an MMS and not SMS that gives you many more characters for your message. If not you are stuck with the limit.

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsj83 View Post
    yea sometimes i want to continue my thoughts, and by the time i open a new message and select the recipient i have forgotten the juicy details of my message....lol
    A men lol that is my thing as well