Hi all, I’m having a challenge watching YouTube videos on my 9700 for the T-Mobile ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Corbishley no está en línea Stack level 2

YouTube Videos and Buffering

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I’m having a challenge watching YouTube videos on my 9700 for the T-Mobile network. Videos freeze and have to buffer (a bit of an annoyance, particularly when watching music!). Wondering if there is anything I can do or is this just a product of TMobile’s network?
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-07-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: font size, clean up ctl chars.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have this issue. YT Videos work a lot better when my smartphone is connected to WiFi

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    I have this issue. YT Videos work a lot better when my smartphone is connected to WiFi
    Definitely agree with you. I just pause the video and let it load a bit in order to get a more steady stream of video.

The answer to this would be difficult to determine because there are too many variables. Even using Wi-Fi is a question, because it depends on the speed of the network the router is connected to. On my Netbook, I do what smooth10 does if there is a problem with buffering, which is to simply let most of the video load before actually starting it.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    One setting that you can try...it seemed to help with my 9700 is this...media>videos>menu key>options> make sure the "Device Memory Limit" is set to 32 Mb which is the highest. It seemed to help a little.

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    One setting that you can try...it seemed to help with my 9700 is this...media>videos>menu key>options> make sure the "Device Memory Limit" is set to 32 Mb which is the highest. It seemed to help a little.
    Good idea