I just got my bold and I unlocked it so that I can use it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PsicoKid no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248C8F61

youtube issue

Advertisement

I just got my bold and I unlocked it so that I can use it on tmo. After unlocking and I got everything working I wanted to see how youtube worked. Well that's were my problems starts. After clickong on the video I want to view I get an popup that stats I need to switch to wap, so I click ok and the media player comes up but there is no video. I have not changed anything on my phone as far as the mp goes just my os. Can anyone help me try and fix this problem.
    I miss and love you Melody, without you i have no song

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    ~via smartphone~
    Try vuclip.com. Also, you'd need a media card to save the videos to, otherwise they'll eat up your memory.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PsicoKid View Post
    I just got my bold and I unlocked it so that I can use it on tmo. After unlocking and I got everything working I wanted to see how youtube worked. Well that's were my problems starts. After clickong on the video I want to view I get an popup that stats I need to switch to wap, so I click ok and the media player comes up but there is no video. I have not changed anything on my phone as far as the mp goes just my os. Can anyone help me try and fix this problem.
    Can you give us some more details like whats OS are you running? Do you have BIS with tmobile? Does it give you any errors when trying to play?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    So far mine is working well on .210

PsicoKid no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248C8F61
    I am running .234 for my os, I have not gotten any error messages. The only thing that pop up is that I need to swith to wap and I do that but when it goes to play the video it never plays

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am having no problems what so ever.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try through wifi

On your BlackBerry, go to:
    Options / WiFi connections / Select your Hotspot / WiFi Tools / WiFi diagnostics.
    Check the "local ip address"
    Mine for example says 192.168.10.2**.
    Login to your Wireless router, and find the DMZ option.
    Add your BlackBerry's IP into the DMZ zone, enable and press save!

If it works with wifi then I guess since you have it for Tmobile the edge doesn't support the speed. Tmobile 3G is diff from AT&T 3G

Selest no está en línea Stack level 2
    @sanzen ... seriously you must be jocking m8, great answer if the question was how to get the thing working through wifi, but the problem persists and i've just started looking for the holy grail myself... if i find it i'll enlighten the lot of you here... but let's not loose sight of the problem at hand... how do you solve this issue ?

Cell Phone Bold 9000
    Operating System 4.6.0.266
    Error Message 'Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive.'
    Browser Configuration Options 'all boxes are checked', 'Browser Identification is BlackBerry'

ok what gives?....
    Last edited by Selest; 01-22-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Selest no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok here is a from what the carriers tell me... not all countries have the capability to do certain tasks such as view YouTube videos due to the fact that it has to do with the services provided. they said that 'we are working on bringing this service to Greece by way of an application which will be directly downloaded on your cell and it will take care of this'

they went on to say that people have tried using various methods but most have been unsuccesful. please comment on this m8s if you have ever heard this as an answer as to why we can't get it to work.

thanx

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    First, you can clear your cache...open your browser>menu key>options>cache operations>clear everything. Then go to your media player and open it>videos, open to videos>menu key>options>make sure that the device memory limit is set to 32MB. Let us know if it works then...

just realized this thread is a year old...