My BB 9700 is not ringing/vibrating/all of the above for phone calls while it is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

alumnah no está en línea Stack level 1

wont ring in holster

Advertisement

My BB 9700 is not ringing/vibrating/all of the above for phone calls while it is holstered... This occurs only when I receive incoming calls - for text messages, emails, BBM etc, the proper notification plays in or out of the holster. At first I thought it was because something was wrong with the sound profile - the profiles on the new Bold are a bit different from my older Pearl that I previously used, so I thought I maybe had the wrong settings - I went and tried different options to no avail... and then I noticed - when my phone is holstered and I receive a call, the notification (ring, vibrate, what have you) is activated for about 1/10 of a second, the LED flashes once and then nothing else happens.

This is happening across all sound profiles. I typically only use "Normal" and "Vibrate," but tested with Loud, medium, etc...

My "Phone" Setting for Normal Profile is:
    • A BB factory installed ring tone
    • volume 7
    • play sound: always
    • led: on
    • vibration: have tried on, off, custom - same results

My "Phone" Setting for Vibrate Profile is:
    • BB ringtone
    • Volume: Silent
    • LED: on
    • Vibration: on and custom yield the same result

This has caused me to miss several calls, as I usually keep my Bold holstered - has anyone else experienced this quirk/bug? If so, any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks!

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    There is a line on down that you can set to vibrate and ring..... Don't have my phone in front of me but it is a simple fix....

alumnah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    There is a line on down that you can set to vibrate and ring..... Don't have my phone in front of me but it is a simple fix....
    I understand that, and I tried that setting as well and have gotten the same result - I'm not trying to figure out how to make it "vibe and ring" at the same time (which is a nice new feature btw) - I'm trying to figure out why the notification for an incoming call - any notification - is only activated for about 1/10 of a second when the phone is holstered and i get an incoming call.

I've tried multiple different settings, profiles, ring tones, custom vibration and ring tone settings and the end result is always that the Phone notification plays for less than a second, the LED blinks once, and then nothing further.

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2
    On the "play sound" selection there are 3 choices; In holster, Out of holster and Always. you say yours is set to "Always". Did you try another selection? Also, once you have set your choices, did you click the "Try it" at the bottom of the screen? maybe your ring tone is corrupt. Did you try another tone?

MiataMike no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by alumnah View Post
    I understand that, and I tried that setting as well and have gotten the same result - I'm not trying to figure out how to make it "vibe and ring" at the same time (which is a nice new feature btw) - I'm trying to figure out why the notification for an incoming call - any notification - is only activated for about 1/10 of a second when the phone is holstered and i get an incoming call.

I've tried multiple different settings, profiles, ring tones, custom vibration and ring tone settings and the end result is always that the Phone notification plays for less than a second, the LED blinks once, and then nothing further.
    This is EXACTLY MY PROBLEM. In holster or hold a magnet over bottom edge of keyboard to put device to sleep.... get the normal vibrate twice for emails received, but any phonecall results in led flash, a less than 1 second portion of the appropriate ringtone, then nothing. Take phone from holster and see "missed call" notification. Have tried soft and battery pull resets, checked phone settings in profile menu and in address book. Works fine out of holster so it is a problem with the sleep mode. Tried updating my OS to 5.0.0.732. Removed the most recent app I added which was SimpleTrax. Nothing has helped. So you are not alone. Interesting that we both get the little 1/10 second buzz or ring then silence as if we had pulled phone out of holster. NOTE, the caller is not sent to voice mail quickly so is not a problem with the "ignore" button/software. And as works fine out of holster wonder if the magnet switch is faulty somehow.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ANy luck man ? This may/may not help you, have you tried just getting a holster without a magnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    ANy luck man ? This may/may not help you, have you tried just getting a holster without a magnet ?
    I work in autosales - - - need the extra battery life the magnet holster adds by putting Blackberry "to sleep"...... on the lot 12+ hours a day not counting commute. AND it just makes me so mad when something that has worked perfectly for 9 months just quits on me.

One thing I forgot to mention: the interrupted ring and vibrate is only when holstered and ONLY the phonecalls;
    email alerts (set for two ringtone rings and a buzz) works NORMALLY while holstered.
    So it is some sort of glitch in the incoming PHONECALLS only