OK I know I'm an idiot LOL. I wiped my OS from my Bold successfully ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4

Wiped with JL_Commander and now can't reload OS

Advertisement

OK I know I'm an idiot LOL.

I wiped my OS from my Bold successfully with JL_Cmder.

I also went to the following link http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/reinstall_os_computer_wont_recognize_device_connected-5178/ in order to reload my OS but the DM will not recognize the BB connected. When I plug in the BB via USB the bubble comes up from the task far "Blackberry device ready to be used" but it is not recognized by the DM.

I've also tried loading AppLoader manually with no success.

I've tried with battery in and battery out.

Any ideas?

Jim
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You can try following my instructions here:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/using_jl_cmder_restore_os_dtm_jl-76555/

Of course use at your own risk, although not much to risk now anyway.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Follow the "how to install OS" guide that is within my sticky at the top of this forum under Latest Official OS for 9000.

If pc is recognizing device but DM isn't, did you delete the vendor.xml file after installing and executing the latest OS for your device?

Check out that guide and see if you missed any steps.
    ~via Lavaberry.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Yes. Vendor.xml is deleted.

I checked again and saw that the BB si recognized by the PC.

I tried through command prompt to launch Loader and USB is not an option; I've tried 3 different USB cords.

BTW, I'm seeing a 507 error on the screen.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Jim,

What version of DM are you using? If it is 4.7 try discinnecting from the internet and double check to be sure the vendor is deleted. Then go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and run the loader from there again.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Thanks for the response Cowboy. I'm using 4.6.

I deleted DM from the PC and am going to start all over again and see how it goes from there.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go ahead and delete and reinstall the OS as well. Make sure to reboot after uninstall before reinstalling.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Ensure your OS is installed on your computer. Make sure the vendor.xml file is erased.

Plug in your BB. Open Windows Explorer and find c:\program files\common files\reasearch in motion\apploader

Click on Apploader.exe. It should find your BB and prompt you to install the OS. If not. Close apploader. Unplug the BB. Run apploader again. Plug in the BB.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    OK. Had to reload DM after an uninstall. I hate that crap...I don't know why I always have to delete then reload DM....

Thanks for everyone's help.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

RB3tech® no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21E389A6
    I badly need your help. I have Vodafone BlackBerry 9500 Storm. Why is it everytime I open the handheld,there's no application instead a sort of DISCLAIMER.

" [FONT=Times New Roman]THIS HANDHELD DEVICE INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT IS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL TO RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITER (RIM) AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS. Except to the extent that RIM is expressly precluded by law from prohibiting you from doing so, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REVERSE ENGINEER (INCLUDING BLACK BOX REVERSE ENGINEERING AND PROTOCOL SNIFFING) THIS SOFTWARE OR THE RIM SOFTWARE WUITH WHICH IT OPERATES (including firmware, interfaces, protocols and other data) or to authorize or encourage any other party to do so. THIS SOFTWARE US LICENSED AND NOT SOLD. YOU MAY ONLU USE THIS SOFTWARE UNDER AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OR A RIM SOFTWARE LICENSE APPLICABLE IN YOUR JURISDICTION THAT COVERS BLACKBERRY HANDHELD SOFTWRE. If you cannot locate the applicable software license, the most current version of RIM’s licenses can be found on the [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]www.blackberry.com[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] website. If you have any questions or are not prepared to agree to these terms please contact RIM at [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]legalinfo@rim.com[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]. USE OF THIS SOFTWARE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE APPLICABLE TERMS."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]How could I fix this problem?[/FONT]

bgirl no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Upgrade of BB 9700 FROM 5.0 Version to 6.0 Version

Please can someone help me out here? I did an upgrade on my BB 9700 (Bold 2) which was successful but left me further issues. Below is the message showing of the screen afterwards....

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"][COLOR="blue"]THIS HANDHELD DEVICE INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT IS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL TO RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITER (RIM) AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS. Except to the extent that RIM is expressly precluded by law from prohibiting you from doing so, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REVERSE ENGINEER (INCLUDING BLACK BOX REVERSE ENGINEERING AND PROTOCOL SNIFFING) THIS SOFTWARE OR THE RIM SOFTWARE WUITH WHICH IT...

I can't even scroll down to read the rest of the message, can't do anything else with my phone other than receive calls.
    I would appreciate a step by step procedure on how to solve this issue pls

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    bgirl, try removing the battery for a few minutes, then reinserting it. You should be able to get past it then.