my carrier is Rogers, and right now I don't have data plan yet. and I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

steeles no está en línea Stack level 1

window live messenger for bold? problem with installation

Advertisement

my carrier is Rogers, and right now I don't have data plan yet. and I want to install live messenger through my wi-fi connection.

follow up by the link , accept agreement...but after there it just stuck there. this is message I got..

Note

Microsoft® Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) users: if you encounter an error, look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control: 'AxLoader.cab' from 'Research In Motion'. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow installation to proceed.

Can someone please give me a lift?

Thanks.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I believe you can download it to your computer then install through download manager.

steeles no está en línea Stack level 1
    can anyone provide an OTA link or a downloaded copy?

Thanks.

dbltap no está en línea Stack level 2
    No... IT will load directly to your connected Bold. But it must be connected via the USB cable. And you must load it using Internet Explorer... Not FireFox or any other browser. It uses a Microsoft ActiveX applett to download the code via your computer directly to your Bold.

However................

Windows Live MEssenger will NOT use your WiFi connection. So.. no data plan... no workie.

heredia21 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What is the link to download it?

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Plug your blackberry in first then go to this page

ww w.bl ackberry.com/livemessenger

sharpie9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How to get WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER on your BlackBerry Bold 9000 if on Orange UK or any other carrier I reckon too.

Firstly sort out Maps because it's great and you must. (Whether it has any bearing on downloading WLM I don't know?). Follow the guide here: http:##supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=940#M940 to install Maps on you BB. [REPLACE ## WITH //]

Next use your BB to go to the following link: http:##xxx.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=wlm20. [REPLACE ## WITH // & xxx with www]

Or go to the BlackBerry HELP! link in your Browser Bookmarks.

Sorted. It works using WiFi if you turn your Mobile Network off in Manage Connections. So useful abroad!

I'm super happy now as Maps and WLM is what I've been waiting for. Also Google Maps is cool too and that works in WiFi only too.

Can't get LiveSearch to work tho.