Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...Hopefully not but if what i read this morning is correct, then this might be ... BlackBerry Bold forum

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Will this be my last BB?

Advertisement

...Hopefully not but if what i read this morning is correct, then this might be my last BB.
    As many of you have heard, OS 6 is coming out and there is a rumor that devices need 512mb of RAM in order to run the new os- the BB 9700 only has half of that. Accoding to the rumor, RIM is going to be be releasing a new BB- 9710 which will include 512mb of ram, and a 5mp camera.

I know many Storm2 users as well Bold2 users will be very upset if this does come true

ugh
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...not me, I'll just go out and get me one !

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah...this is not good news if this is true. The only Phone of the current lineup that meets specs is the 9650. Surely they wouldn't do this. Would they?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When 6.0 was first announced, the 9700 was listed as a device that would be able to run it.

Yes, there are now rumors that RIM will be releasing an "updated" 97xx with the specs you've described. This would definitely invoke the ire of many of us who recently upgraded to or purchased the 9700, especially if our respective carriers didn't offer some sort of trade-up or early upgrade program.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll just upgrade. I have 3 upgrades due in the next 7 months. August, Dec and Jan. I'll sell this 9700 and have more than enough to defer the UG cost plus a new Otter.
    Last edited by chokem; 06-05-2010 at 10:56 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^Chokem, my man !

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    of course this is an option and a lot of ppl will end up buying the new 97xx series but thats not the point
    why would rim release a new os knowing that some of the recent phones wont be able to handle it
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...the only doubt I have is if the new BB Pearl is worth getting in the meantime! With these rumours flyíng, I think the Pearl Will be the dud ! As for the new 97XXn bring it on...roll with punches I say !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    of course this is an option and a lot of ppl will end up buying the new 97xx series but thats not the point
    why would rim release a new os knowing that some of the recent phones wont be able to handle it
    Still. everything we've heard is merely speculation. We wont know until OS 6 is released. It wouldnt make sense for RIM to release an OS 6 upgrade only for phones that already have OS 6 as their operating system. Im betting devices with 256mb will receive the UG.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am in the sucky situation of not having any upgrades due till the end of 2011. So buying new BB outright or N900/next Maemo/MeeGo device? I think this time I may go the latter this time. I'm now getting really sick of RIM"s games if it's true that even their flagship product released about half a year ago won't run an OS that will likely be out before the device's 1st anniversary.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    There will always be a new thig-a-majig coming out whether it is a car, GPS, computer, cell phone, etc. Someone once said that our technology doubles every 18 months but that was in the 80's I believe.....could be doubling more frequently now so it is not surprising that these rumors are circulating. As some of the above stackers said.....just get the new one and sell what you are now using.....or add it to your collection of old phones like I have done.....I'm not sure I will leap on every new device that comes out but I will certainly evaluate it.....eventually I'll find one that I will embrace that is compatible with my life style and current BB.....I'm looking forward to this event as it will certainly occur and the sooner the better.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ Hear, Hear!

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    There will always be a new thig-a-majig coming out whether it is a car, GPS, computer, cell phone, etc. Someone once said that our technology doubles every 18 months but that was in the 80's I believe.....could be doubling more frequently now so it is not surprising that these rumors are circulating. As some of the above stackers said.....just get the new one and sell what you are now using.....or add it to your collection of old phones like I have done.....I'm not sure I will leap on every new device that comes out but I will certainly evaluate it.....eventually I'll find one that I will embrace that is compatible with my life style and current BB.....I'm looking forward to this event as it will certainly occur and the sooner the better.
    So true, but it always seems like us BB users will be waiting forever while other OS start to clean up or new OS pop up out of nowhere (I'm speaking of Android & Maemo/MeeGo in its phone form) with the goodies already. Even e-mail performance leaves something to be desired on my BB these days. I often get them well after (from minutes to half a day or even more at times) they were sent, not to mention the 2.9 MB limit on attachments & the 'Message Truncated' even after doing 'More All' (it never shows you messages longer than I guess a few pages).

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Anybody here can tell you I used to be the hardest knuckle dumb founded hard core groupiest fanatic loverboy kissass BB FAN ever but the truth of the matter is that RIM has to get their pardon my Spanish but they gotta get their MIERDA together before they keep losing customers to Droid based devices and/or Apple iPhones.

Another pinstacker once pointed out to me the importance of a very key element on a phone nowadays or smartphone rather. "what do you always look at when you're using your phone? A: The screen. Right! So, wouldn't it make sense to get a phone with a big screen, something so common nowadays with almost every phone out there? Another key factor into choosing what phone is best for you is the browser. Are you seriously gonna put up with RIM's prehistoric browser? I did for a couple of years into owning my 8100 when I found out that Opera mini was the best thing that coulda happened to my BB. That made everything work well until I was introduced to the phone I currently have.

I was just annoyed how RIM was releasing this half *** improved "new" units all which were nothing but the same old crap wrapped in a new case oh and yeah with a new number 8310,8320,8330 one had gps, the other had wifi but no gps and the last one had no wifi lol. Nice one RIM I remember those days then I switched to 8900 loved the phone but eversince then it seemed to me that they were releasing a new housing, i mean phone on a weekly basis almost with as I mentioned earlier the same old browser, same old OS semi improved if any. The only good thing they've now done is get rid of that annoying trackball.

Having said all of this I don't mean to steer you into going Droid or iPhone or any other funky phone out there, I'm just letting you know what I had undergone as die hard fanboy BB back in the day. Here's the list of the phones I had 7105, 8100, 8310, 8900, and lastly probably the best bb to date 9700. Got rid of it because i got tired of squinting to see what the screen said lol. I'm now very satisfied with the device I have but I hope you make the best decision for yourself in the future.

Once again, the choice is yours ultimately. Best of luck to you.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Goodness !! I awoke a demon ! Raton! Hiya Buddy !!! Ranting again... With a vengeance! The yuppie Phone pundit, in great BB bashing form !!
    Nice to have you back in the stacks! Been missing your contributions!
    That Was a Nice teaser I left you, wasn't it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast