I have my bold all set up and connects to my home wifi just fine ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

wifi question

Advertisement

I have my bold all set up and connects to my home wifi just fine but then for no reason, the wifi goes grey, but the carrier info still says ATT-2wire111 which is my connection...then it connects back and the wifi icon is lit.
    is this normal?
    Michael

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    From what I've found, the Carrier Info tells you which WIFI Hotspot you're connected to. However, just because you're connected to the hotspot doesn't mean you're connected to the Blackberry data network over WIFI.

Next time this happens, go to the WiFi Options menu and click the trackball on your connection. Scroll down to Wi-Fi Tools and select Wi-Fi Diagnostics. This should tell you exactly what's going on.

If you have any quesitons, post back here and I'll try to help.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Beat me to it, helpfull as ever mj.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

SIRpent no está en línea Stack level 1
    similar question, I have the bold w/o the data plan yet but I have it set up to connect to my home wireless network. I just noticed that I am being charged for usage while I though i was using my wifi, is there a setting that I have to change in order to route the browser through the wireless network?
    Thanks!

explorer125 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    208f1fc5
    Here's another question about wifi. I have an 8320 and my wifi doenst pick hardley anything up. I know there's stuff there cause my friend connected to an open router that he had full signall on his laptop and my phone in the same location wasn't even finding it. Any ideas
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer125 View Post
    Here's another question about wifi. I have an 8320 and my wifi doenst pick hardley anything up. I know there's stuff there cause my friend connected to an open router that he had full signall on his laptop and my phone in the same location wasn't even finding it. Any ideas
    I've read here on Pinstack that different versions of the device OS can affect how sensitive wifi is. There might be a newer version of the OS for your phone.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill second what alryder just said up there...

different OS versions can make a big difference... try the latest one available for your device and see if you get better connectivity...
    i see RED...

explorer125 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    208f1fc5
    This is actually a replacement phone. Same model same os. Old model work fine this one has such problems. Cs can't help.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Then this may be a refurb with a defective wifi radio...

May wanna ask for another replacement citing wifi connectivity issues...

dhwacky no está en línea Stack level 1

wifi question

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    From what I've found, the Carrier Info tells you which WIFI Hotspot you're connected to. However, just because you're connected to the hotspot doesn't mean you're connected to the Blackberry data network over WIFI.

Next time this happens, go to the WiFi Options menu and click the trackball on your connection. Scroll down to Wi-Fi Tools and select Wi-Fi Diagnostics. This should tell you exactly what's going on.

If you have any quesitons, post back here and I'll try to help.

Hello there. I've got the same issue. However, when I look at the diagnostics page, it doesn't look like there are any errors? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much for any tips.