My wifi drops regularly and/or I can't get it to stay connected. Whether at home ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

wifi question

Advertisement

My wifi drops regularly and/or I can't get it to stay connected. Whether at home or work, it drops, or doesn't connect. I have the latest OS but the wifi has never worked as flawlessly as my previous device (9000). Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Try going into Manage connections/wifi options/ and highlight your wireless router name/hit menu/move/and move it to the top of the list and save.

You can also go to manage connections/wifi options and then highlight your router name hit menu/edit, then scroll down to Allow inter-access point handover and make sure that it is checked.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is it dropping while you are in a 3G network area? I was told by T-mobile that the Bold 9700 has a flaw where it drops calls when switching between 3G and WIFI. Based on a discussion with a T-mobile rep, you will have to turn your WIFI off and on manually when you want to use WIFI calling, and hang up and call again when you leave the WIFI range to use the 3G network. Otherwise it will drop the call. This almost cause me to not want the Bold 2. This doesn't happen using the EDGE network. What I hate is the fact that this is likely a hardware issue versus a software fix. Can anyone else confirm what I am saying?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Do you guys have the handover checked? manage connections/wifi options and then highlight your router name hit menu/edit, then scroll down to Allow inter-access point handover and make sure that it is checked. Also do you have wifi preferred set on your mobile network? Try that and see if the handover is better.

Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    Is it dropping while you are in a 3G network area? I was told by T-mobile that the Bold 9700 has a flaw where it drops calls when switching between 3G and WIFI. Based on a discussion with a T-mobile rep, you will have to turn your WIFI off and on manually when you want to use WIFI calling, and hang up and call again when you leave the WIFI range to use the 3G network. Otherwise it will drop the call. This almost cause me to not want the Bold 2. This doesn't happen using the EDGE network. What I hate is the fact that this is likely a hardware issue versus a software fix. Can anyone else confirm what I am saying?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Im on ATT and I have the issue only with WiFi. Doesnt matter if I am in 2G or 3G mode. And, even with the advice of pdxmatts, I still have the issue. Thanks for the idea though.
    I'm a born again Androider

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    ive tried every setting on the phone this weekend, and to no avail (my home wifi, att hotspots, notta)... im going to request a warranty swap for a new phone. perhaps its the radio on my handset.

clintro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2162CC11
    It could also be your settings on the router as well. Did you try a power cycle on the router yet?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i have tried that... yes. i use ATT uverse at home, and i dont know the equipment of work or other hotspots i have tried, and nothing seems to function.

3CISS no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can try looking over the UMA link in my sig. It might help.
    r00ted MT4G
    CBC

Helpful links
    UMA setup guide |