Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everybody, I cant seem to connect to any networks with wifi for some reason, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Money2g no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wifi Issues

Advertisement

Hey everybody, I cant seem to connect to any networks with wifi for some reason, I have tried on both wep and open networks and it doesnt seem to connect, it tries connecting but it doesnt and tells me that it failed to obtain an ip address. This just started happening recently, before it worked fine but all of a sudden it doesnt work.

anyone?

So no one can help me?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Little more info, what OS, which carrier, and do you have wifi at home?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't suppose you upgraded to a beta OS recently? Also, try going into Options and run the WiFi Diagnostics.

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    i had the same problem and turning off the cell radio fixed it when i turned it back on.

os version 4.6.0.167, At&t, and i do have wifi at home

I ran the wifi diagnostics and it didnt help, and i tried turning off the cell radio and turned it back on but still no luck

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Might I suggest that you upgrade to .247. Not sure exactly what's going on but you're running an OS that's OLD. I'll bet this will solve your issue and also you'll notice a DRAMATIC increase in speed on the device.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    That OS is known To have issues. Even AT&T admit it. I called them up to ask a question about my browser and they said that the browser icon disappearing is known to them and there's nothing I could do. Now this had nothing to do with the issue I was having as I had loaded 5.0, it just goes to show,that OS has issues. Take the plunge and upgrade.

dhwacky no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Money2g View Post
    os version 4.6.0.167, At&t, and i do have wifi at home

I ran the wifi diagnostics and it didnt help, and i tried turning off the cell radio and turned it back on but still no luck
    Money2g,

I had the same problem and am using the same OS. The wifi indicator was grey instead of white. My router was using WEP security. I changed it to WPA2-Personal. It's been working fine ever since. Hope this helps.

jtekt no está en línea Stack level 2
    ^^^ dhwacky

I was having the same problem and tried your solution and it worked, or at least it told me that I was connected to the internet and I was able to search the net after that. one question for you though...

my wifi indicator is still has the grey dash next to it when I go to the manage connections screen. Shouldn't it have a green check just like my network connection?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    ^^yes, if your connected and able to use wifi it will have a green check beside it in manage connections. If it doesn't have this your not able to use wifi even though your Bold sees it.

Yea the problem doesnt only occur in my house with the wep connection, it also happens with an open connection. Where can i download the update .247 because it doesnt give me the update on the bb manager.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://www.berryreview.com/2009/03/0...-found-online/

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    .167 isn't a bad os, i used it for a while and my wifi always worked just fine. if you want to upgrade your os go ahead, but please don't put .247 on there, that's a terrible os with nothing but issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast