Hey guys. I picked up another Bold and am returning to the same problem I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Wifi Hotspot Login

Advertisement

Hey guys. I picked up another Bold and am returning to the same problem I had before they were released hoping someone may actually know the answer to it. I don,t use wifi that much so I generally keep it off unless I need it. Well the only network I use it with is my school network which requires a hotspot login. The bold connects to my wifi network fine, but I'm guessing that since it doesn't see an internet connection (because I haven't logged in yet) it never uses wifi. The only way I can get wifi to work is to enter setup every time and click hotspot login. When I do this I get a "404 page not found error". If I click "details," I finally get to my login. Does anyone know a better way to get connected? This is just a pita in itself and makes me not want to use wifi.
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not sure if I can say that the problem could simply be the wifi you are logging on to, but, if you have your wifi on your BOLD should still be able to at least detect the wifi connection itself whether you are logged on or not. Once you have logged on once your BOLD should have the settings saved when you go to your wifi settings.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 01-21-2009 at 06:28 PM.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    It connects fine using a WEP key and the network and detects it every time. The issue is that I must login (like a hotspot) to my network via the web browser before I can get a valid internet connection. Since the Blackberry does not sense an internet connection because of the hotspot restricting internet until login is complete, it never opens with wifi for me to even login. That's why I have to go the round about way.
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6