It seems to me that with my Bold when I have wifi enabled at home ... BlackBerry Bold forum

witherjm no está en línea Stack level 1

Wifi and 3G switching delay

Advertisement

It seems to me that with my Bold when I have wifi enabled at home and good 3G there is a delay as it flip flops between the two options and even though when it gets onto wifi it is quicker than 3G the delay when it switches almost makes the use of wifi a waste of time.

Comments, advice?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    try unplugging your router from the power source for about 10 seconds and let it reset. I do this to mine about every 2 weeks, helps keep things running smooth. If you have wifi enabled and are connected to your home network your phone should be using wifi. Also what OS are you using.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Try putting the wifi signal on a higher channel through the settings, it improves performance.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Try putting the wifi signal on a higher channel through the settings, it improves performance.
    I've never seen this. The only thing I've seen resulting from switching channels is it not running into interference (or running into interference) from other wifi networks in the area. I thought the channels were so close to each other that any performance increase would be negligible at best.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    I've never seen this. The only thing I've seen resulting from switching channels is it not running into interference (or running into interference) from other wifi networks in the area. I thought the channels were so close to each other that any performance increase would be negligible at best.
    There are a lot of people with wifi in the street. I can see 10 networks or more so interference might be an issue, will also try resetting router, haven't forever, it's typically very well behaved

And to the other question, Bold OS is .237

Thanks all

Yup, much better at channel 11