sometimes on my bold - next to AT&T in the upper middle on the home ... BlackBerry Bold forum

castleco no está en línea Stack level 2

wifi

Advertisement

sometimes on my bold - next to AT&T in the upper middle on the home screen I will see the name of a wireless network but the wifi light is not lit up. Does that mean I see the network but I am not connected?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    It means that you have a connection to the router but no data is being sent or received. So you can't use data over wifi. When that happens is it with a network you've been on before or a att hotspot?

castleco no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ive noticed it on a on a network ive been on before.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    that happened to me before, if it is a router that i know i have setup, i sometimes unplug the router for a few seconds and that helps clear up the ip addresses for the BB to use
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A
    I noticed the Iphone wifi would work regardless of a network (cell phone carrier ) connection but a blackberry won't. Is there something I'm missing? If I put a tmobile sim card on my iphone it does give me the invalid sim message however it would not stop me from using the internet via wifi. However the bold is not letting me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PIN/ID
    24207E4A
    Is there a fix for this? I just can't believe the Iphone is 100000 better than a blackberry. There's goT to be something outthere......

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    My BB 8220 browses on wifi w/o a valid sim in it. I have my broswer configuration set to hotspot browser

Quote Originally Posted by Natox View Post
    I noticed the Iphone wifi would work regardless of a network (cell phone carrier ) connection but a blackberry won't. Is there something I'm missing? If I put a tmobile sim card on my iphone it does give me the invalid sim message however it would not stop me from using the internet via wifi. However the bold is not letting me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    24207E4A
    Pdxmatts, the blackberry will work ( for brousing purposes only withouth a sim card. However you can't sign on to any messenger, u can't use facebook nor even look at any aplications on app world. However the Iphone gives you the ability of doing exactly what you were before if you are conected to a wifi location.