I have a bold 9700 its only about 10 days old. Its fine until I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down wi-fi on = 9700 red light and restart :(

Advertisement

I have a bold 9700 its only about 10 days old. Its fine until I turn wi-fi on. Then randomly the LED goes solid red a clock appears for a second counting down and then it resets itself. This ONLY happens when attempting to turn wi-fi on or after it has been on for a few minutes. I have reformatted memory card thinking it may be that but it isn't. Please help I can't find any answers online

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds like you need a warranty exchange. That should not be happening. Take it into a TMO store and show them what it's doing, or call customer service. They should give you a new one on the spot.

mcclafferty4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
    I have a bold 9700 its only about 10 days old. Its fine until I turn wi-fi on. Then randomly the LED goes solid red a clock appears for a second counting down and then it resets itself. This ONLY happens when attempting to turn wi-fi on or after it has been on for a few minutes. I have reformatted memory card thinking it may be that but it isn't. Please help I can't find any answers online
    I have had a similar problem on WIFI with my 9700. I am only having problem on certain wifi networks. I have noticed that my special yahoo icon switches to a standard icon and then the phone will freeze and restart shortly after that. I have contacted Blackberry and they don't know what is causing the problem.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    The wifi on my S2 works fine. Definitely sounds like a hardware issue with your wifi radio. Also I'm a moderator at another BB site and I follow the forums closely there and I have NOT read about this and do not believe it to be a wide spread problem. I would contact the provider on this and see about getting a warranty exchange.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here