I got my Bold last September on Orange Uk and was pretty damn proud considering ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3

Why has it taken 9 months for me to begin to enjoy my Bold?

Advertisement

I got my Bold last September on Orange Uk and was pretty damn proud considering there was quite a bit of hype within the Blackberry world and I was going to be one of the first to own one. I infact picked my handset up on the 4th of September. I was pretty excited about this considering how much had enjoyed my 8800. However all was not well in the Blackberry/Orange Uk camp and what followed was great disappointment really.
    For the first few months I experienced dropped calls daily, the handset would restart several times a day and could be very slow to react to my command. I was aware that this was an OS issue rather than a hardware issue so I felt there was no point in getting my handset replaced. In conversation with Orange tech guys they explained all they would fo is load the new OS and send me my phone back. Well I can do that myself so I set off on what seemed like the endless mission to find the perfect OS for my phone.
    Many of you may remember this problem got so bad that Orange UK in fact took the handset of their shelves TWICE! Anyway, this mission continued and I went through countless beta and official OS with varying shades of luck.
    At this point I have to say I wanted rid of my phone. For those of you who know the UK way of phone contracts will be aware that I just needed to hold out twelve months and I would be eligble for something new at no cost. Therefore September '09 couldn't come quick enough.
    The way things are going I have pretty much mad up my mind on the Palm Pre assuming it comes to the UK.
    My annoyance strangely enough is that recent OS updates (I believe most since 4.6.0.200+) have drastically improved my Blackberry experience and I have just this past week realised I am actually enjoying my Bold. Sure, there are still some things I hate about it, particularly the memory leaks (although I'm sure software developers have a big hand in this) but on th whole, I have some great apps and my phone runs pretty smoothly. I would say I've only lost a couple of calls in the past month (which believe me is good as my phone just used to tell me someone rang and it was no more useful than a pager)
    So now I have a great phone which I enjoy. However as I previously mentioned, I get a free upgrade in September so I will probably only use it for 3 more months. I know this may seem a bit of a whinge to some but I do feel a certain amount of frustration to only get three months good usage.

I thought I would have a little rant really to celebrate the fact that I have had a little rennaisance with Blackberry and express the fact I quite like my Bold now and maybe some of you out there sympathise and recognise this plight.

Anyway here's to the next 3 months ;-)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Yes, I understand your disenchantment and am glad all is well now. I got a later model, bought mine in December, and have only had two dropped calls in almost six months. I have a boat load of apps on mine and have experienced zero issues whatsoever with mine. I'm extremely happy with my Bold.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I enjoyed my Bold from the day I got it. Got an unlocked Rogers units before the AT&T unit came out and have never even updated the OS. I have spent lots of time chasing the lastest OS but each new one did nothing for me as my Bold worked well from the beginning.

The last 6 months AT&T service has degraded and I get a dropped call every once in a while. I never got dropped calls. I am also getting pushed off the 3G network to EDGE about half the time. It has nothing to do with the Bold as both of my Bolds do the same others in my company are suffering the same fate. the AT&T 3G network is clogged with iPhone users and AT&T is working on software updates to push everyone off the 3G network unless you are using data services. 3G is not required for email of phone services and it sounds like a good deal to me if they can not increase the 3G network size.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You aren't the only one. I have had the same issue with the Pearl series. I started with the 8100 2 years ago and went thru 3 of them.

Needless to say, a week after I got the last one, I switched to my backup sidekick 3. That one died the following December and had to be replaced.

I came back to the 8100 around February of this year and upgraded to the 8120 in May. 3 weeks later the phone shut down on me. I spent an entire day reviving the thing. Three weeks later I had to have the SIM card replaced. I used it up until last month. Went back to the SK3. Used that for a month and now I'm back on the 8120.

I have an upgrade due next March and I don't know what phone I want now LOL

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Erica I feel your pain. I've used every smartphone that T-Mobile has. I also had unlocked bold recently. I had no problems with it. I just wanted to try something different so now I'm on the G1. I love it so far. I do realize that as far as messengers goes, gtalk is to the g1 as bbm is to the bb. The other messengers are very buggy and disconnect constantly. Even with that I'm still satisfied with my g1. I'm glad you were able to find some sort of peace with your bold because its truly a great device.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    LOL I don't have the Bold.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL I don't have the Bold.
    Sorry Erica, the last statement was for tigerblue. lol