Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HOLY **** loud music, crisp music. better audio quality than the iphone. videos come in ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Why Is No One Talking About The Media Player?

Advertisement

HOLY ****

loud music, crisp music.

better audio quality than the iphone.

videos come in crisp and load fairly quick.

where has this discussion been?

i'm fully aware that the bold is made more of a corporate device but dear lord was i surprised with the features in the media player......

pixar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11 View Post
    HOLY ****

loud music, crisp music.

better audio quality than the iphone.

videos come in crisp and load fairly quick.

i'm fully aware that the bold is made more of a corporate device but dear lord was i surprised with the features in the media player......
    Ditto here I cant stop downloading vids on to my Bold!

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I loaded music and vids onto my SD card so I can view and listen to them. When I got the bold I was checking everything out and then bumped into the speed racer clip and was like WOW!

drewhahn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree! The player is great.

One question tho -- what's the best way to take a DVD (say, of Seinfeld episodes), and convert them (and shrink them!) so I could watch them on the go on my Bold?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11 View Post
    loud music, crisp music. better audio quality than the iphone.videos come in crisp and load fairly quick.

I agree with you, the features you outlined are fantastic. There are much better than my iPhone 3G.
    Unfortunately the myriad of problems with the Bold around systems that fail to work properly on a certain percentage of units like WiFi & 3G, are overshadowing what does work on the bold. However that said, give RIM time to bring the 2nd generation Bold to market & it will be a much better model.
    sent via Curve 8310 the BlackBerry that just works ..

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Archer6,

I don't post here often, but I do read the stacks often and generally have a lot of respect for the posts you make. You seem to be very knowledgeable and through in your analysis. However, I have to ask: why bring up your issues with your bold in a thread about the media player experience. Your issues, while well documented in the thread you started about them, seem to have nothing to do with media player. Is no one allowed to like their Bold if you didn't?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The media player is indeed amazing i find myself leaving my iPod at home sometimes just because i know i have my Bold on me (obviously :P) and little off topic but the Flip's media player is JUST AS GOOD (music wise lol vids are not that good).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamudc View Post
    Archer6,, I have to ask: why bring up your issues with your bold in a thread about the media player experience. Your issues, while well documented in the thread you started about them, seem to have nothing to do with media player.
    Respectfully I believe you have misread my post. Thank you for questioning me so that I can clarify my position, and the viewpoints I have.

The OP asked:
    "loud music, crisp music. better audio quality than the iphone.videos come in crisp and load fairly quick. where has this discussion been?"
    To which I answered his question as to why I thought there had been no discussion on those features. You will also note that I made very positive comments on how good those systems where.

I'm sorry if bringing up the truth of my experiences disturbs you or anyone else. That is not my intent. Also at no time did I say that I did not like my Bold. To the contrary I believe the Bold has the potential to be one of the best BlackBerry's of all time. You will notice that I am the very first to be Pro-BlackBerry, to be incredibly positive at all times and to help others. That said while I'm very positive and a big supporter, I'm also not one to stick my head in the sand when there are problems. I'm not a blind follower, but rather a leader that calls it as he sees it. If you go back and read many, not just one, but any of my posts about the Bold you will notice that I commend RIM for being very responsive to the customers. You will notice that even before it's release I am giving RIM credit and predicting the 2nd generation of the 89xx series to be a wild success.

So the minute that I must report the truth as it relates to my experience, then suddenly I am criticized? Suddenly because I am taking my time to post honestly, objectively and fairly I'm wrong? Suddenly because the Bold has issues it's my fault? I fail to understand this line of thinking.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect and appreciate that you asked me this question. After all if not asked, you would not know what my frame of mind is on this issue. I thank you for bringing it up, so as to allow me an opportunity to explain my viewpoints not only for you, but for all other BlackBerry owners to read.

At the end of the day, I remain one of the Greatest Advocates of PinStack, RIM, and the BlackBerry Smartphone lineup.

Archer6

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pixar View Post
    Ditto here I cant stop downloading vids on to my Bold!
    Where do you download vids for your Bold?

I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get iTunes movie / TV downloads onto my Bold. Because of Apple's DRM you need to use some program to strip the DRM...have yet to find one that really seems to do a good job.

Tried DoubleTwist, TuneBite and Daniusoft Media Converter. TuneBite seems to do the best job but basically it manually opens iTunes, plays the video and somehow reencodes it. Seems a little ghetto.

So I would love another source of good videos.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i Agree , the sound quality on the bold is amazing. and now with the new FlyCast internet radio that just came out, its the greatest addition

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
    Where do you download vids for your Bold?

I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get iTunes movie / TV downloads onto my Bold. Because of Apple's DRM you need to use some program to strip the DRM...have yet to find one that really seems to do a good job.

Tried DoubleTwist, TuneBite and Daniusoft Media Converter. TuneBite seems to do the best job but basically it manually opens iTunes, plays the video and somehow reencodes it. Seems a little ghetto.

So I would love another source of good videos.

Itunes Plus removed the DRM from songs and music videos, not sure about movies.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    yeah i ended up getting a crap load of virus's trying to download a movie for my Bold.

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the response, Archer. Whether or not you support the platform is not an issue;because as I said before, I think your posts are informative and well-rounded in general. I'll pm you the rest of my response, so that we don't hijack this thread any further.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i never really download Video for Bold, i convert DVDs and Rip Youtube Videos and have the real full video on my phone rather then streaming it from youtube it self. i find its better quality that way.

Also ripping the youtube myself, i can change the resolution to my specs and change the quality as i see fit

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    i like the media player just wish it would be able to play streaming audio from the internet.......Other then that i love the features

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast