I have seen several deals on Amazon, Craigslist and Ebay that are selling phone anywhere ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Why is the bold cheaper through third party sites???

Advertisement

I have seen several deals on Amazon, Craigslist and Ebay that are selling phone anywhere from $199 (after $100 rebate, placing it at $299 originally) to $249 and from ATT they want $399 with $100 rebate (making it $299)....are any of these ATT retailers good reasons for customer service to give me that price if I can send them the pricing proof??? (flyer, etc)....

I have a hard time being a 4 year customer of ATT paying the extended price...especially when I have three lines all of them with just about every option we can have! I am eligable for upgrade and would prefer the cheapest price I can get....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I have seen several deals on Amazon, Craigslist and Ebay that are selling phone anywhere from $199 (after $100 rebate, placing it at $299 originally) to $249 and from ATT they want $399 with $100 rebate (making it $299)....are any of these ATT retailers good reasons for customer service to give me that price if I can send them the pricing proof??? (flyer, etc)....

I have a hard time being a 4 year customer of ATT paying the extended price...especially when I have three lines all of them with just about every option we can have! I am eligable for upgrade and would prefer the cheapest price I can get....
    Those 3rd party vendors pay for their handsets and can decide to take the hit for the extra cash off the price. But if you notice there are stipulations that are attached, none of which are shady nor bad, but they can recoup the cash they lose if you break the agreement in any way. Also, they are doing this for NEW activations, not upgrades (those have a lower discount) because they get a larger commission for new activations (more than double in some cases) than upgades. You'll aslo notice Amazon will not do "Family Plans". If you get it by them now, they'll recoup it later through your monthly bill.
    Last edited by scboatman; 11-17-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: misspelled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scbMobile
    Supply, Train & Deploy!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Amazon was the only one that I saw that didn't do the upgrade price...but the others did...i'm a bit peeved...lol...Dont know if I trust the other sellers though
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My understanding is that some or all of these vendors indicate that if your bill is late or you make changes to your account, they charge your credit card for the full amount of the phone. That seems too risky to me. I think you also have to go through them for problems with your phone or service.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bigsho no está en línea Stack level 2
    also amazon and all those internet companies retain all comission paid out by AT&T and dont have to pay it out to a rep, so they can sell the phones for less.

Buy in store, there's reps that could use the $...and hell, you'll have it right away to use!

DoUhOllee no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've looked in to many of these sites and they are actually terrible deals. If you should make changes, pay late, or do something you wouldn't normally freak out over they'll hit you big time. Many of the rebates also have extremely narrow mail in slots. I wouldn't recommend going through anything except for ATT.

alexihnen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Whah? It's a no brainer for me to go with Amazon instead of ATT. At the ATT store I would pay $400 and then have to send in the $100 rebate = $300. And oh yeah, they have maybe 2 simple free phones for a second line. At Amazon I pay $250 up front with the same $100 rebate and then the second phone is -$85. Total = $65. How can you beat that? And I see no problem with the restrictions. I know what plan I need and certainly won't be downgrading it. Plus I sign up for automatic bill pay and then am never late on a payment. Tell me again what's not to like?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are a new customer you are extremely desireable to a carrier, so it's always a better deal on the phone. Pearls were free (some people actually made money) 2 years ago, $200 from Tmobile. BUT, the carriers themselves won't offer those deals in their ads/stores for fear of ticking off their loyal customers. I know I'd be ticked if I were paying $300 for a Bold upgrade and the guy next to me were paying $150. I'd demand the same deal or threaten to bolt to Verizon or something. They can't have that stuff going on in front of their noses, so they farm it out to Amazon. BTW many people have paid $150 for a Bold who were existing ATT customers, just ask nicely on the phone, not in the stores. It's out there.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

jherou no está en línea Stack level 1
    I work for a third party AT&T dealer and our price is 199 after 100 rebate with only one stipulation and that is you must have a 30$ bb plan or higher. We and others are doing this to compete with the iphone becuase we can not sell them in our stores. This is a great deal considering the bold is much better than the iphone.