Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i wonder if its flicker cause by the bluetooth connection? i notice it was flickering ... BlackBerry Bold forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

Advertisement

i wonder if its flicker cause by the bluetooth connection? i notice it was flickering last night when i was on my jawbone 2 and it had a EDGE or GSM connection.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i wonder if its flicker cause by the bluetooth connection? i notice it was flickering last night when i was on my jawbone 2 and it had a EDGE or GSM connection.
    Could be on to something?? I can't remember mine flickering before I connected bluetooth( I paired with my pearl and two curves) but I can't really say if it started immediately after I did either. Mine still does it and I don't have bluetooth on. Mine also went to the white screen about 5min ago. I had to reset and its running just fine now, I still have the flicker in BBM and pictures. I have all ready reloaded my OS and although it went away for a few days not hours it returned. This ones goin

g back anyway.

t-cellular no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have .167 os on Att. I have the flickering and I have noticed others have a higher Os number. How do I get those updated Os for Att.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by t-cellular View Post
    I have .167 os on Att. I have the flickering and I have noticed others have a higher Os number. How do I get those updated Os for Att.
    I just searched on google the OS I wanted and found it,downloaded,installed to the PC, deleted the vendor.xml file and loaded on the device.

t-cellular no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

You wouldn't mind telling me in a brief description how you install the new os with desktop manager
    Last edited by t-cellular; 01-21-2009 at 12:19 AM.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Mine flickers at random times, and I never remember what I'm doing when it does. But it's so fast when it happens that it's not annoying or impairing, so it's no biggie.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This is to correct my first post in this thread, as I forgot to state it happens when running the standard Rogers or AT&T OS. Whereas my Bold running ver .210 does not do this. And that's after many weeks of testing & heavy daily usage.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    i upgraded to .219 last night and no more on calling flickering and i notice i get stronger 3G signal too. before in my apt would get EDGE and GPRS signals sometimes, and now its constantly 3G. niceee!!
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is to correct my first post in this thread, as I forgot to state it happens when running the standard Rogers or AT&T OS. Whereas my Bold running ver .210 does not do this. And that's after many weeks of testing & heavy daily usage.

I'm running .210 and mine does this.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well, to update, mine doesn't flicker anymore... -shrug-

Still running .219.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I'm running .210 and mine does this.
    This experience you are having is just one more example of how unreliable the new BlackBerrys are. No two devices react the same way to the same OS & that's the problem. Its the very reason that I post results from the version I'm testing, so as to make the information available for others to see. Just think, a year ago we were enjoying or Curves for example, and they all operated very well on their OS. There was none of the "fix it yourself" madness that we have today. Now with RIM shipping faulty devices, we have hundreds of posts discussing the issues present in their expensive top of the line BlackBerrys. This proves the point that newer is not always better & even a once great company like RIM can slide backwards.

i upgraded to .219 last night and no more on calling flickering and i notice i get stronger 3G signal too. before in my apt would get EDGE and GPRS signals sometimes, and now its constantly 3G. niceee!!
    The question is, how long will this last? Let us know in a few weeks if it's still doing well.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am going to upgrade to .219 right now. I bet it still flickers when the pinstack app is running in the background.

By the way. 4.6.1.133 seems to cure the flicker on the 8900 <-------- Wrong. Still there with the Pinstack App running.

Will advise

UpDate: After installing OS 4.6.0.219 the flicker is still present whenever the Pistack app is running in the background. Flicker doesn't seem to affect anything. I have come to the conclusion, after testing this on several OS's and having the problem only when the Pinstack App is running, that it is either the Pinstack App causing the flicker, or something is wonky with the OS's that only seems to go wonky when the Pinstack App is running. <------ Run on sentence from hell.....
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 01-26-2009 at 03:14 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I am going to upgrade to .219 right now. I bet it still flickers when the pinstack app is running in the background.

By the way. 4.6.1.133 seems to cure the flicker on the 8900 <-------- Wrong. Still there with the Pinstack App running.

Will advise

UpDate: After installing OS 4.6.0.219 the flicker is still present whenever the Pistack app is running in the background. Flicker doesn't seem to affect anything. I have come to the conclusion, after testing this on several OS's and having the problem only when the Pinstack App is running, that it is either the Pinstack App causing the flicker, or something is wonky with the OS's that only seems to go wonky when the Pinstack App is running. <------ Run on sentence from hell.....
    Good call on the pinstack app running in the background. Like I said in an earlier post mine has been doing this with .210 OS. After your popst I made sure that pinstack was not running and you are right, no screen flicker in pictures. Just to make sure I turned pinstack app on and exited out with it still running and went to pictures and the flicker was back. Others may want to try this to confirm that this is what's causing the flicker issue.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I have the same issue with my iPhone when I am at work. Seems to be some sort of interference. My Berry doesn't do it at all.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12