I havent had the data plan activated on my simfree bold that i bought, using ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

why do i need 3g?

Advertisement

I havent had the data plan activated on my simfree bold that i bought, using it with a vodaphone sim and vodaphone want Ł10.00a month for a blackberry/internet package.

I havent used the broswer on the bold without wifi being on yet, but i plan to so i can use google maps etc

does 3g just been faster?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    For me the voice sound quality is better, but maybe it is just the Bold had a better speaker than my Curve.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 11-09-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well, if you have the bold abd you want use those applications you mentioned, than you will need 3G. The differences between an EDGE and 3G connection are faster data speeds and supposedly better sound quality.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    For me the voice sound quality is better, but maybe it is just the Bold had a beter speaker than my Curve.
    Improved call quality is one advantage of 3G. One reason is due to the fact that 3G separates data from voice. For example, you can be on the phone while receiving an email at the same time.
    sent via Curve 8310 the BlackBerry that just works ..

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    That would be awsome to chat on AIM or browse while talking on the phone!

CharlieV no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via B3G is the way to go. Voice quality is better, everything (email, browsing, enterprise activation) is faster, multitasking... Wow, why would you want less?
    The
    B (wap.pinstack.com)~

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I noticed much greater speeds with the Bold. Having wifi is a big advantage .
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Data speed is one advantage, but for me call quality has been amazing on the bold with 3G, exponentially better than I ever had on the curve. The call quality IMO is a bigger advantage than data.

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks for the replies, i had it on 3g thought it was struggling to get a signal in certain places so switched it over to 2g but i havent really chatted on the phone since doing it so might leave it a day so i can talk on it then change it back so i can see the quality difference.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed the 3G towers and the 3G technology bring a couple improvements:
    As mentioned before, you get a better call quality and you can surf the net as you are on a phone call but then again some EDGE Towers REV.2 would allow you to do that as well.
    But the big benefit of 3G towers over EDGE towers is that they have a way bigger allocated space for DATA usage therefore if you are in the middle of time square on NYE your calls will definitely not go through because the towers are maxed out but your emails, BBM and VOIP calling will be crystal clear.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    That would be awsome to chat on AIM or browse while talking on the phone!
    yes, and since the keyboard clicks on the bold are much softer than predecessor devices, your caller may not hear the typing.