Results 1 to 13 of 13

I've read this in numerous, numerous blogs/phone sites over the past week. I just don't ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #1
    untjoker's Avatar
    untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    405

    Who else is tired of the "The 9000/Bold is an iphone clone!"

    Advertisement



    I've read this in numerous, numerous blogs/phone sites over the past week. I just don't get where people get the balls to say the 9000 is copying the iphone? I mean what other than the screen resolution is the same as the iphone? Answer: nothing. It must be getting under the Apple fanboys' skin if they're trying to say it's copying the iphone. I like what Lazardis said in his interview with CNET....Everything from the casing to the motherboard to the processor to the memory is completely different. Sorry, just had to vent.
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

  2. #2
    tws777's Avatar
    tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    259
    I think you mean the Thunder is being compared to the Iphone, not the 9000. Sorry if I'm making a wrong assumption.

  3. #3
    untjoker's Avatar
    untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    I think you mean the Thunder is being compared to the Iphone, not the 9000. Sorry if I'm making a wrong assumption.
    You are making the wrong assumption I am talking about BIG popular tech blogs like Gizmodo, etc. making these comments. That is why it's so frustrating, I mean just the fact that the iphone is touchscreen and the 9000 is not should be enough difference.....And don't get me started with the Steve Jobs Church of Scientology followers LOL They are really agitated about the 9000, but I can only imagine what its' going to be like when the Thunder is released.....They will crap themselves
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    blackberrycool.com :

    Folks were quick to point out the iPhone-esque bezel on the BlackBerry Bold, but RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaridis was equally quick to condemn those nay-sayers to an infernal pit of shame.

    "This is three years in the making. So I’m sorry but this wasn’t a response to another device. Either that or we have a time machine somewhere, or some kind of magic crystal ball or something. This was actually designed three years ago and the actual physical design of this product–I have the original models from 2006. … We have to be realistic about the history of [touchscreen] technology. We have to remember that this is not new–this has been done, this has been tried before. And there are other ways to provide a large screen and a Qwerty keyboard without compromising them by putting one on top of the other."
    Last edited by ranxoren; 05-20-2008 at 09:59 PM.

  5. #5
    chknlomein's Avatar
    chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post

    Folks were quick to point out the iPhone-esque bezel on the BlackBerry Bold, but RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaridis was equally quick to condemn those nay-sayers to an infernal pit of shame.

    "This is three years in the making. So I’m sorry but this wasn’t a response to another device. Either that or we have a time machine somewhere, or some kind of magic crystal ball or something. This was actually designed three years ago and the actual physical design of this product–I have the original models from 2006. … We have to be realistic about the history of [touchscreen] technology. We have to remember that this is not new–this has been done, this has been tried before. And there are other ways to provide a large screen and a Qwerty keyboard without compromising them by putting one on top of the other."

    What a great post. And an amazing quote. Very well said.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 05-20-2008 at 10:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by chknlomein View Post
    What a great post. And an amazing quote. Very well said.
    well thank you and thanks for him too lol
    unless u meant great post by blackberrycool.com lol :P i was too quick to take the compliment haha
    Last edited by ranxoren; 05-20-2008 at 09:59 PM.

  7. #7
    chknlomein's Avatar
    chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Posts
    286
    Haha, well the compliment was originally to you my friend, but cheers to the source as well I guess.

    via my BB 8100 (wap.pinstack.com)~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806

  9. #9
    boob_1029's Avatar
    boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    Posts
    241
    bottom line is that the iphone sucks and the BOLD is amazing. maybe they should be saying that the iphone is a clone because this technology has been used by palm for years... but apple gets the credit? sounds pretty stupid to me, all you are paying for with that phone is the name

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    hmm you cant really compare the iphone to the bold. Wait for the iPhone 3g on june 9th then compare that to the bold
    But im with u lol the bold is my next device the SECOND its out !

  11. #11
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    I view the original iPhone as well as the second generation model as an entertainment device for killing time, amusing the user, & as a "cool fashion statement" for those who's egos rely on being recognized for what they have as opposed to who they are.

    The BlackBerry Bold is a world class, cutting edge mobile communications & productivity device. A hi-tech state of the art milestone which will leave a positive impact on everyone that uses one and on the industry in general. Therefore their simply is no comparison.

    Jobs & company live in fantasy land, while the rest of us are out here making things happen.

    Get ready for the device that will be a real game changer. The device of the future is Bold & the future is now!

    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

  12. #12
    jdiiams's Avatar
    jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    Posts
    120
    Ya, the iphone is a total cunsumer device. its funny, all the car dealerships around me.. the owner sports to iphone where all their employees have BB's...... all show, no practicality. $500 isn't worth looking "cool" I'm cooler with my curve, and even cooler when i call out iphone users to do something my curve can, and they say, "i don't know how to work this thing" HAHAHAHA

  13. #13
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiiams View Post
    Ya, the iphone is a total cunsumer device. its funny, all the car dealerships around me.. the owner sports to iphone where all their employees have BB's...... all show, no practicality. $500 isn't worth looking "cool" I'm cooler with my curve, and even cooler when i call out iphone users to do something my curve can, and they say, "i don't know how to work this thing" HAHAHAHA

    You tell those Iphone users to "IFu%&" themselves. Excuse my Latin

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •