Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by Mandizzle On my 4th CAD Bold. The previous 3 all had issues ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Perfection

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mandizzle View Post
    On my 4th CAD Bold. The previous 3 all had issues with them. First one the keyboard was stiff as a board and I couldn't type on. The 2nd one the battery was super loose and kept restarting my BB every time I put it down. The 3rd one had super creaky sides and back, the screen had a wierd discolouration on the bottom, the strip between the keyboard and LCD was super loose and moved around a lot, the volume buttons stopped working, and the speakerphone had crazy feedback.

Hopefully this one doesn't have any of those problems. LOL!
    No one is perfect. I am sure there are Hungarian and Mexican made Bolds that are solid.

Anyone else?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    dude, there are caring reps everywhere. i have canadian bolds in my store and always put the canadian ones out first
    Not true dude

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Is it safe to say, there are no problems with Canadian made Bolds?

Anyone with a Canadian made unit that had problems?
    Made in Canada is not always better. But it does increase the possibility of getting a good one. And yet I got a bad 8700 from Canada.

~via BoldBerry #6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sorry I thought at&ts' bold are only made in canada. But I'm sure my brother's and mine are bought from at&t. But my friends are made from hungary.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Made in Canada is not always better. But it does increase the possibility of getting a good one. And yet I got a bad 8700 from Canada.

Totally agree. Like I said, no one is perfect.

I just find it odd that Canadian ones have a lower failure rate. I figured it should be the same where ever they are made.

I find it odd that Hungarian made ones have such bad Quality Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Totally agree. Like I said, no one is perfect.

I just find it odd that Canadian ones have a lower failure rate. I figured it should be the same where ever they are made.

I find it odd that Hungarian made ones have such bad Quality Control.
    I don't believe it's the fact that they were made in Hungary, but rather that RIM is not managing each factory consistently. They are failing to insure the same quality control practices are being followed at each facility. That's the problem.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Took mine back last night. Had the rep look through the bolds to find me a canadian made one. This one I belive is a winner. Feels 100 times more solid. Very happy with this one so far. I have to agree that its RIM reponsibility to do quality control. Its not like they don't have any in canada and they make great devices there with no Q control. I think its just closer to home and more important to do and the big wigs could pop in at any time. This is not just a RIM problem, its a buisness problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    This is not just a RIM problem, its a buisness problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree 100%. Many companies outsource production which in itself, isn't bad. However, it often seems to be the case that this outsourced labor isn't managed nearly as well as it should be.

It's not just RIM. It's prevalent in autos, and most other electronics.

I'm still on the fence with my Bold. So far, it's been 100% stable after loading it with .210. But frankly, the battery door shifting does bother me. I just want to make sure I get a brand new unit and one that is equally as stable.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine was made in Canada, just got it yesterday! No problems as of yet, also still running the original OS that came with it.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Not true dude
    what i meant by they are everywhere is that not all reps dont care. i didnt mean it to mean that all reps are caring, just meant that there are MANY caring reps EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    what i meant by they are everywhere is that not all reps dont care. i didnt mean it to mean that all reps are caring, just meant that there are MANY caring reps EVERYWHERE
    I agree with your statement now that we have clarification.

I live in a major metro city and people tend to be rude and not as helpful. However that is not true of everyone, just more than in a smaller city. Around here they tend to be very by the book in the AT&T stores, and less eager to please the customer. For some reason the Best Buy stores here are very helpful in general. I was referred to one and had a good experience as I mentioned. Most of the time for everything else I use newegg or other online shop.

Cheers...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123