Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok, I'm having creaking issues with mine from the batt door. Maybe you've seen my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

where was your bold made?

Advertisement

Ok, I'm having creaking issues with mine from the batt door. Maybe you've seen my post "my new bold". I know they are made in canada and hungary. My ? Is those of you that have a canadian made bold what issues if any have you had. Same for hungarian made bolds. How many have you returned and does it seem there is any difference between refurb or new bolds. I personally don't want a refurb unit as I bought mine new and paid the price for it to be a new unit. Other than the creaking issues I haven't had any problems. Changed to .210 on the second day and everything seems to be fine. Mines made in hungary, I think all US at&t bolds are. Could be wrong, just a guess.
    Last edited by BHP77; 01-07-2009 at 12:20 AM.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    My Bold, purchased from an ATT Store says Made in Canada under the battery. Don't know if this is good or bad, but it is working great for me!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2
    so i was comparing my bold and my friends' bold. all of us agree that my bold (made in canada) vs. my friends' bold (made in hungary) are lighter. mine is from at&t and theirs are from tmo-italy, vodafone, bla bla bla... anybody can confirm this?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Canadian Bold is lighter than Hungarian Bold? The way you worded that, I have no idea which way you are going.

They should all weigh the same.

No Bolds made in Mexico?

I have a Canadian Bold, no problems. I wonder why AT&T Bolds are made in Hungary? I am sure it is cheaper to import them from Canada instead of Hungary.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Said no problems yet , this morning woke up about 10 min ago and my bolds off. tried to turn it back on and no go yet. the damn thing wont do anything. I had it pluged in to my pc last night but had some electrical issues at the house and unplugged th pc and forgot to plug it back in. Overnight it went dead, apparently so did my bold. guess a trip to AT&T is due today. This is not good , tomuch stuff to do to be worring about my top off the line blackberry. Cant remember having to take my pearl back. sorry for the rant just a little PO.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    well , After all that the thing decided to turn on. Don't understand it. I'm running .210, turned on the pc, the red light on the bold would come on but nothing would happen. Tried to turn it on and nothing, after about 2 min the red led would go out. then as I'm getting dressed with it still hooked up to the pc and no led it decides to power up and load. its on now and seems to working. don't know??

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Defective Bolds:
    #1 Hungary
    #2 Hungary
    #3 Hungary
    #4 Mexico
    #5 Hungary

Good Bold
    #6 Canada

~via BoldBerry #6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    CANADIAN EH!!!

No probs with my Canada-made Bold whatsoever... not even a creaky battery door. It even survived a 3' drop onto a tile floor and it's still as good as ever... well, except the scratch on the trim... oops!

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie77 View Post
    CANADIAN EH!!!

No probs with my Canada-made Bold whatsoever... not even a creaky battery door. It even survived a 3' drop onto a tile floor and it's still as good as ever... well, except the scratch on the trim... oops!
    Ooh...sorry to hear you dropped it. But I give you ten points for your great sense of humor...

Cheers

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Archer6 , i assume your on AT&t, how did you finnally get a Canadian made bold?? did you request it or just search through boxes until you found one?? I'm in SC, the only ones I have seen have been from Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Archer6 , i assume your on AT&t, how did you finnally get a Canadian made bold?? did you request it or just search through boxes until you found one?? I'm in SC, the only ones I have seen have been from Hungary.
    Yes I am on AT&T as it says in my profile. After getting four defective ones, I decided to buy #5 from Best Buy. It too was defective, so I went back to Best Buy to exchange it. There I just got lucky & was waited on by a very friendly & concerned sales rep. She asked me what I would like & I said I would appreciate it if she would go into the stock room, look at the ends of the boxes and pick one that was made in Canada. They had eight remaining, only one was from Canada. So that's how I got mine.

Needless to say that I'm thrilled because this one is not only a good one, it's really excellent. The build quality is so far superior to the rest it's almost unbelievable. The battery door is a precision fit. Tight, yet very easy to remove. The keyboard has wonderful tactile feedback which is far better than any BlackBerry I've had to date. And I've had a massive number of new BlackBerrys. While the original OS ver .167 was buggy and constantly resetting the device, now that I am running ver .210 it's working very well.

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Ooh...sorry to hear you dropped it. But I give you ten points for your great sense of humor...

Cheers

Oooooh.. POINTS!! Thank you muchly

I see you're in California.. you should come play in the snow here in Ontario!! OMG we got DUMPED on last night!! Haha

gms4175 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    255C1584
    Mine was made in Hungary and has worked very well. I put .185 on before using it in anger and that seems as stable as any previous BB I've had (previously 8700 and 8300) and I LOVE the keyboard. It's a really lovely device.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok will try best buy first. Then go to at&t. Thanks archer. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by gms4175 View Post
    Mine was made in Hungary and has worked very well. I put .185 on before using it in anger and that seems as stable as any previous BB I've had (previously 8700 and 8300) and I LOVE the keyboard. It's a really lovely device.
    For clarification, just because the ones I had from Hungary were defective. Only one was poorly built. The others had defective components which typically come from outside suppliers not RIM. However that said it is RIM's responsibility to use good quality control practices, therefore I place the blame on them for the various problems we are seeing lately. A year ago we were not experiencing these serious faults. I purchased eight new BlackBerrys in 2007, all different models & everyone of them was excellent & trouble free. They were from Mexico & Canada.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast