Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm sick and tired of waiting. I've decided to pick up a Bold, unlocked. Question ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Where did you buy your Bold?

Advertisement

I'm sick and tired of waiting. I've decided to pick up a Bold, unlocked.

Question is, where should I purchase it? I'm thinking eBay, but if someone has a good experience with a different source, for cheaper, let's share!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i baught mine from a friend who works at rogers. unlocked it through gsmphonesource and i was good to go.. on att running strong.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I sold one to one of the members here JB. Best way is to do like my men Nicky and JB get it from somebody u know it canada
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I sold one to one of the members here JB. Best way is to do like my men Nicky and JB get it from somebody u know it canada
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The best way is to get it from Canada and not eBay. Just make sure your Canadian friend gets you a Rogers post production unit.

How much would it cost to get it from Rogers? Anyone here want to help a guy out?

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    How much would it cost to get it from Rogers? Anyone here want to help a guy out?
    Its something like 700-800$ without a contract...but its still short in the greater Montreal area. Might be a few units here and there but they get off the shelves as soon as they come in.

Good news though, is that its made in canada....so no duty fees!

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    There are few stores that I know off that has the Bold in stock. Getting one for my cousin and was surprise that they are not sold out.

Oh bummer, I can currently get one from eBay for about $750, unlocked. Is there any other benefit to getting one directly from Rogers, besides peace of mind?

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I bought mine at Best buy Canada, in Richmond, BC, 649 CAN + taxes, a bit over 700 CAN with all that, exchange rate was 1.06 CAN = 1 US so worked about to about 650 US then paid 20 US for my unlock code from a reputable source, but rogers emailed with this:
    The Blackberry Bold is available for $649 without a contract. However, we are unable to unlock Rogers Wireless phones at any cost. If you try to unlock your phone through a third party your warranty will be voided and there is no guarantee the phone will work thereafter

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Just finished reading through that thread. So, are you willing to ship out another one?

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    Gosh i didnt even know the Bold was gonna be that expensive. wow. anyway, for you unlocked buyers on ATT, are any features missing or anything?

unlocked the bold voids your warranty? i was told otherwise since its just a code and nothing to do with the actual hardware

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Rogers is full of it. Unlocking it is just a code, it does not physically modify the unit in any way.

$649 Cdn + 13% Tax (Ontario PST and 5% GST)

Plenty of stock in Toronto.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    unlocked the bold voids your warranty? i was told otherwise since its just a code and nothing to do with the actual hardware
    it does not as some of the carriers will give you the unlock code and even RIM will give it to you if you get a really nice rep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast