Im an old BlackBerry user from the days of the 8120 and the 8320. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Frog37_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21af35bb

Where did the "Do Not Disturb" option go in the Profiles

Advertisement

Im an old BlackBerry user from the days of the 8120 and the 8320. I stepped over to the dark side to dabble in the Android world.

Long story short, I'm a T-Mobile sales rep and I've sold a few of these things and each time I'm getting a bit closer to pulling the trigger and getting one. I had a customer the other day that had bought one and came back asking where the "do not disturb" option is that used to be in the profiles - the one that would automatically send all calls to voicemail, but would still allow incoming texts and email like normal. Any feedback on this one?

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    You could just set your phone to all alerts off and that should take care of this

PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    That's missing the point thought.

You used to be able to just send all calls to voicemail automatically and everything else worked just like normal. Silencing everything is something far different.

PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    Anyone?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I was checking it out, if you go to Profiles and the scroll down to advanced, then choose the profile you want to use hit Menu scroll down to Phone click on it and then you will see the options which allow you to change items such as the ring tone, but again right down at the bottom you will see the do not disturb option.

Probably the best thing to do would be to use this to create your own personal profile with Do Not Disturb for the phone an various other settings for e-mails etc.

Hope this helps

PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    Hmm ill have to check it out tomorrow. Oh and FYI its the Bold 9700 that I'm specifically thinking of.

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    Yeah looked at it and I don't see it so I'm not sure.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm on a Bold 9000 using OS 4.6, so maybe its been dropped on 5.0. I wonder if any of the guys using 5.0 have similar problems?

PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    I'd bet it is different from 4.6 to 5.0 - It seems like a strange thing to change.

Anyone on 5.0 confirm? Is there an equivalent on 5.0?

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    I have 5.0 and I don't see an equivalent anywhere ,just where you can shut all notices off

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Along with this issue, I miss being able to create profile exceptions! I had one set up so that my phone would be on silent but it would ring if it was my girlfriend calling. I used this at night so that I could sleep in peace, but she knew only to call me in an emergency since my phone would ring loud if it was her calling from her caller ID, but for any other number it was silent.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

PIN/ID
    21af35bb
    Why oh why would blackberry decide to take something as useful as these out of their phones? Seems like not only were they useful, but they were fairly commonly used, not to mention that its features like these that set Blackberries apart from the other smartphones.