Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think its highly dependant on what you're doing... Web/voice feels like it drains... Mines ... BlackBerry Bold forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Advertisement

I think its highly dependant on what you're doing... Web/voice feels like it drains... Mines done in about 8-10 hrs if I web hard... But if I'm too busy at work and its just messages... It can go to the next day...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok. I'll go to AT&T today and see if they will give me a new unit, or at least a new battery. I think it should last more than a day with light use, even if it is on 3G (which I don't have a choice of since I'm with AT&T).

pops76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post
    thats the Cost of 3G im affraid.

i have a Energizer AA batery pack i carry around just incase i happen to forget to charge or just use it extreamly heavy , i can pop in a quick charge and be on my mary way.
    If 9 hours of use is the cost of 3g, then I will go back to my curve. Based on other responses in this thread, however, it appears battery life is all over the map. Obviously there will be outliers, but there seems to be a pretty even split between adequate battery life (minimum of 24 hours) and horrible battery life (6-10). Makes me think there has to be something different between the units.

pops

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pops76 View Post
    Battery is a joke. I must have a bad unit, because in a typical day I send/receive 50 emails/texts, maybe 25 or 30 BBM, do some surfing, no multimedia, maybe 30-45 minutes of calls, strong 3g area, no wifi, no bluetooth and I am at 50% by noon (starting my day at 9:00), and lucky not to have the radio shut off by 5:00.

Just got it Tuesday so I have some time, but I would only have to charge my curve every three days or so doing the exact same stuff. Not acceptable.

pops
    This sounds like a bad battery because you can't get one day (like my 8120 even with an extended battery). With the settings and usage you posted, then there's gotta be something wrong.

Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and see what the following settings are on:

1) How long do you have the backlight on?
    2) And how bright do you have it set at?
    3) Is the LED coverage indicator on or off?

These can affect battery life also.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Curve w/Seidio 2600aH - lasts forever. Brick on the back not nearly as comfortable as oem, which is an awesome form factor, but you get used to it

pops76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    This sounds like a bad battery because you can't get one day (like my 8120 even with an extended battery). With the settings and usage you posted, then there's gotta be something wrong.

Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and see what the following settings are on:

1) How long do you have the backlight on?
    2) And how bright do you have it set at?
    3) Is the LED coverage indicator on or off?

These can affect battery life also.
    That's what I'm thinking.

1. 10 seconds
    2. 30
    3. No.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~naw man my 3g is on all day never switches how should I have had it less then a week and I am with att

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~should I see if I can get a new unit

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    First charge was Tuesday night and went all day Wednesday and Thursday. Plugged it again Thursday night. I went from about 10:30 pm Thursday night until 2 a.m. Saturday. I unplugged it this morning at 9:45 and it's been 12 hours and it's at 80 percent. *shrug*

I make a few calls a day, lots of BBM, a couple hundred emails a day and about 100 SMS/MMS.

Generally on just about every phone I've had I get anywhere from two to three days on a single charge. I guess I got a good unit.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

I got a new one at AT&T today, so I'll see how this one goes. I'm tempted to think that they have different batches of them, because there are things about this one that are different right off the bat (I'm getting dialogue boxes asking for permission and the like for things I didn't get asked about before, for instance...and I swear the keyboard looks slightly different, among other things). I'm not sure if that is realistic at all, but I really think this one is a tad different. Hopefully this will translate to better battery life.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    I got a new one at AT&T today, so I'll see how this one goes. I'm tempted to think that they have different batches of them, because there are things about this one that are different right off the bat (I'm getting dialogue boxes asking for permission and the like for things I didn't get asked about before, for instance...and I swear the keyboard looks slightly different, among other things). I'm not sure if that is realistic at all, but I really think this one is a tad different. Hopefully this will translate to better battery life.
    im sure its just the excitement of getting another brand new unit
    Good luck on this one!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Moderate use...(WAP, Bluetooth, messages, etc.) will last me from 10:30pm-6:30pm...apprx. 20 hrs w/30-40% battery life left.

It's possible I'm imagining things, but I don't think so. The email formatting is different too and the browser also looks better. I really think this phone is from a different, better batch. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    It's possible I'm imagining things, but I don't think so. The email formatting is different too and the browser also looks better. I really think this phone is from a different, better batch. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    maybe it just has a newer software on it. Either way glad youre happy!

Havek no está en línea Stack level 2
    ATT Bold 24 hours and keeps going

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast