Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm not getting much battery life at all and I've done all the things that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

what's your battery life?

Advertisement

I'm not getting much battery life at all and I've done all the things that are supposed to help (dimming the screen, for example). I'm getting sometimes less than a day with probably minimal to moderate use. What are others getting?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm on my 3rd day without charging. Moderate usage. 30 minutes of phone each day, 50 text, 20-BBM, 80-100 emails. No web surfing really. No multi-media use like video or music etc.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    About 8 to 10 hours a day on full to empty.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    About a day and a half on heavy usage. 2 days and a half with really light usage.
    I know it sounds incredible but its true. on a HEAVY HEAVY day my battery is at about 60% when i go to bed.
    Check this thread for more battery usage experiences :
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._rogers-84658/
    A lot of users ended up getting replacement phones and their battery life is now as good as mine. I just got lucky from the start.

One of my experiences :
    My bold stays on for two days and as of tonight (came out of the charger yesterday at 8am) its now 7:27pm and the battery is at : 25% and people here can confirm that im on BBM all day long lol

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I have my phone on my vibrate and it drains extremely fast. I would say just about less than 24 hrs. I changed my profile to phone only and it seems to be a little bit better but not by a whole lot. It sucks because when I had my Curve I had 4 extra batteries and a battery charger. Too bad RIM hasn't made a separate battery charger yet that would greatly help!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    My 1250mAh extended battery only lasts 1 day in my 8120 with light email, heavy IM chatting, texting and PIN messaging (BB Messenger), very light browsing, 1-2 hours media usage, and no more than 5 calls per day usually totaling 1-2 hours per day (with WiFi/UMA on because I have the HotSpot @ Home calling feature). I find I have to keep it charged almost constantly to be able to last a day with it.

I think what gets me is that I go several places that have very low, if any signal, and I don't turn my phone off because it takes so long to turn back on.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-09-2008 at 10:13 PM.

clevebb no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's good to charge it every night whether or not the battery is low. Mine lasted on a trip 4 days and it still had some juice left, just I was able to charge it.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'd say I get about a day and a half with pretty heavy usage.
    charge all night get up at 7:00 take it off the charger, go to bed around 11:00-12:00 put it back on the charger with battery at 60-75%
    I too got lucky with my battery !!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    a day and a half of heavy heavy usage (300+ texts 300+ BBM, lots of web surfing)

but i never let it die :P

i charge it at night when i go to bed.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    very heavy useage..

100+ eamils
    100+ texts
    viigo fetching every 2 hours
    jive talk running all day
    20-30 minutes of voice
    endless bbm
    lasts me from 5am-11-12pm and im at 10-25% depending..
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i get about one and a half days to 2 days on heavy use. At the 2 day period my battery is totally dead though.

thats using IMs all day , Music for about 4-6 hours a day , with 2-3 hours of websurfing and IM's

pops76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Battery is a joke. I must have a bad unit, because in a typical day I send/receive 50 emails/texts, maybe 25 or 30 BBM, do some surfing, no multimedia, maybe 30-45 minutes of calls, strong 3g area, no wifi, no bluetooth and I am at 50% by noon (starting my day at 9:00), and lucky not to have the radio shut off by 5:00.

Just got it Tuesday so I have some time, but I would only have to charge my curve every three days or so doing the exact same stuff. Not acceptable.

pops

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    thats the Cost of 3G im affraid.

i have a Energizer AA batery pack i carry around just incase i happen to forget to charge or just use it extreamly heavy , i can pop in a quick charge and be on my mary way.

Quote Originally Posted by pops76 View Post
    Battery is a joke. I must have a bad unit, because in a typical day I send/receive 50 emails/texts, maybe 25 or 30 BBM, do some surfing, no multimedia, maybe 30-45 minutes of calls, strong 3g area, no wifi, no bluetooth and I am at 50% by noon (starting my day at 9:00), and lucky not to have the radio shut off by 5:00.

Just got it Tuesday so I have some time, but I would only have to charge my curve every three days or so doing the exact same stuff. Not acceptable.

pops

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~man what's this I hear about a bad unit my battery last maybe 8hrs does that mean its faulty I just got mine wed?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    well if it only lasts 8hours not even under heavy usage then yes i would say that is is faulty or that the 3G network in your area is really bad and hence the battery drains faster since the phone is constantly looking for 3G.
    Try putting it on Edge only (unless you have an ATT phone which you cant do that with) and see the results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast