I have had a pearl for a really long time and love it.. I have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Scruffylookin13 no está en línea Stack level 2

What's the cheapest way for me to go about getting this phone?

Advertisement

I have had a pearl for a really long time and love it.. I have dropped it one to many times though and need a new phone cause the pearl locks up with a JVM error and I need to restore it via desktop manager on a weekly basis. I want to get this phone but the price is holding me back.

I do have At&t but I am not edible for an upgrade for another year. I gave my last upgrade away to someone else on my plan because I was satisfied with my pearl. So it will be a while before I am able to upgrade legit again.

Now when I was getting my pearl my phone before that died and i had to get a new phone asap. So the at&t guys wound up canceling my line and then starting a brand new one with the same phone number so that I could get the cheap phone discount. Now its a year later and I am wondering if I could do this again (I don't really want to though) Or if there is another way to go about buying the phone for a reasonable price

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Have you checked to see if they sell used phones?I got my curve8330 that way,and it was only used for one day.It wasn't as cheap as a new contract phone would be,but like you I was looking at about a year before I could renew.So I got this curve for half price and haven't regreted it for one minute.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    craigslist
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Scruffylookin13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    also.. i have 1 more question.. If I buy it do I need to get it unlocked since I am already on Att and can just pop in my own sim card? And will it mess up my plan (I have a blackberry unlimited data plan)

I saw a few on craigslist and they seem unbelievably cheap. I never acutally used the site before but some people are selling it for 250. How would I go about not getting ripped off or a broken phone

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffylookin13 View Post
    also.. i have 1 more question.. If I buy it do I need to get it unlocked since I am already on Att and can just pop in my own sim card? And will it mess up my plan (I have a blackberry unlimited data plan)

I saw a few on craigslist and they seem unbelievably cheap. I never acutally used the site before but some people are selling it for 250. How would I go about not getting ripped off or a broken phone
    I only paid 250 for my curve8330 and the used pearl they had was cheaper yet.But as far as I know as long as you can switch the sim card you should be able to go on as usual.Though getting ripped off is a risk buying private party, no matter what your buying.

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Maybe you could do up a contract to safeguard yourself a bit.Like have the seller agree in writting to the bb being in a certain shape so as to limit the chance of his outright swinding you.Frankly I'm niether an expert or a big fan of online buying.I need to see,and hold in my greedy little hand whatever I'm going to buy to feel good about it.That doesn't mean I haven't got ripped off,but I feel like I had a better chance not to be.Sorry I'm not much help.

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not sure if this will work but it kinda did for me, so here goes....
    1. Wait until new iPhone comes out, soon probably since 3.0 is coming.
    2. Go get it (even though you're not eligible for a new phone I think iPhones near release dates bypass that, I was 1 month into a two year contract and I purchased the original iPhone for contract price)
    3. Sell it
    4. Use funds for new phone .
    5. Swap iPhone plan to a BB plan

Just check before you get an iPhone, it's really confusing. Like I said I was one month in a new 2 year contract when i got the iPhone, and I still got the new contract price. And one year later I got the newer iPhone 3G even though I was still under contract from the first iPhone. Since the phone before I got the first iPhone I've had about 7 different phones and only 2.5 years have passed.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If you go through PS, there's a lot of people selling phones here too and you may find it more reliable than going ebay or craigslist...

Personally I've made over 160 transactions on ebay successfully...

The easiest thing to do is look for someone that's a power seller and has 99.7% positive feedback etc to eliminate majority of risk...

Also, all ebay transactions are legally binding contracts of sale... So if the device is not as described, ebay will help you get your money back...

Croe no está en línea Stack level 1
    The cheapest way...steal one. Just kidding. Like others have said, go to a seller with positive feedback on ebay.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    AT&T offers refurbished phones on their website, online only
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have a red curve in imaculate condition, that has a full invisishield and casemate laser cut cover I could sell you- pm me or ccriffman@gmail.com
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    When ATT offers their refurb deal, buy the phone and open a new line on your existing contract ($10/month) and then wait 30 days to cancel it. Pay the etf and the 1 month service for 175+10 and you have a bold.