Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Originally Posted by ranxoren The differences between the Javelin and the Bold are the following: ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    The differences between the Javelin and the Bold are the following:
    128mb of RAM for the Bold VS 256mb of RAM for the Javelin

and thats about it someone let me know what else i forgot please.
    If i am not mistaken, isn't the ram size the other way around? Bold has the larger 256, right?

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Something I like that I've discovered that I don't think my previous BBs could do: easy switching between separate BBM convos. It's awesome. Kenny sends me a BBM while I'm talking to Courtney. Kenny's name shows up under the text entry field. I click on it. Then when Courtney responds, I click on her name to go back, all without having to go back to the messages screen. It's cool.

I BBM a fair amount these days. LOL.

I am finding with my usage that I can go 36 hours on a single charge which is excellent given it's a 3G phone. I used to get through the second day until bed time with about 35 percent battery charge on my Curve. With the Bold it's about 15 to 20 percent when I go to bed.

I suspect that uber power users who talk, text, and email a lot may not find the battery life adequate but a moderate power user like me the battery life is great. I have been quite happy with 3G surfing speeds, too, but I admit I am not a huge fan of the zooming in on web sites but I had to do that on full HTML sites on my first gen iPhone, too.

Upgraded last week to the .185 software and finding that to be a bit better on battery life and memory usage.

Now if I could just get a 10-icon U theme I think I'd be happy.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by quillhill View Post
    Something I like that I've discovered that I don't think my previous BBs could do: easy switching between separate BBM convos. It's awesome. Kenny sends me a BBM while I'm talking to Courtney. Kenny's name shows up under the text entry field. I click on it. Then when Courtney responds, I click on her name to go back, all without having to go back to the messages screen. It's cool.
    Actually that response under-bar alert has been there for me on my curve. I can't recall if the alert was on my 8800, 8100, or 8700 because I didn't bbm then. Lol. I must agree, it's a very efficent alert!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    Actually that response under-bar alert has been there for me on my curve. I can't recall if the alert was on my 8800, 8100, or 8700 because I didn't bbm then. Lol. I must agree, it's a very efficent alert!

Thats interesting you say that because my curve never had that feature and I had the 4.5.0.55 Orange UK software on it as well.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Thats interesting you say that because my curve never had that feature and I had the 4.5.0.55 Orange UK software on it as well.

That's weird!! I had the alert before the 4.5 os.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    it might just be an 8320 thing.

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    The alert that someone was sending me a message was there whether the person I was talking to or a different BBM buddy but I was never able to click on it to take me to the other BBM convo. I had an 8310 previously and had been running 4.5 for the past few months. *shrug*

It is a cool feature.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It is indeed ! for lazy people like me haha

dennita no está en línea Stack level 1

Nested Folders

Quote Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
    You can do this. Go to an icon you want to move out of a folder and click on the BB key. Select "Move to Folder" and choose "Home" to move it to the main screen.

Only negative is you can't have nested folders. I would love to create one master AT&T folder and then put the AT&T Mall, CV, Navigator and Music icons into that folder. But I agree, compared to usual AT&T did a decent job of keeping their crap organized. And the AT&T theme is more colorful than the other theme so I like it better.
    Sorry if this has been answered since page4...I read only a couple pages after and didn't see it so I thought I'd throw in some FYI...

You can have nested folders, but it must be created within a theme. True, it doesn't seem to allow you to do it on the actual blackberry itself (strange).

So....within plazmic, on the applications screen, click the "edit application hierarchy" button. create 2 folders (click folder button icon on top left) and then drag one within the other for your nested folders.

hope this helps...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678